Thread: Is it possible to transfer Lookup data from one DB to another DB?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is it possible to transfer Lookup data from one DB to another DB?

Whenever i add a lookup to set the scale of my DBs i have to create a linear parameter then give it a list of distances create the lokkup rename everything. Is there a way to save this so i can use it for every block i want to have a scale. I could create a standard block that has this copy the onjects that are to become the new block into the standard one then saveas, is there an easier way?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is it possible to transfer Lookup data from one DB to another DB?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cory
    Whenever i add a lookup to set the scale of my DBs i have to create a linear parameter then give it a list of distances create the lokkup rename everything. Is there a way to save this so i can use it for every block i want to have a scale. I could create a standard block that has this copy the onjects that are to become the new block into the standard one then saveas, is there an easier way?
    if you are asking if you can copy/paste or insert DB stuff into another, it can't be done. (at least i haven't found out how)

in fact, i just had 4 similar blocks i had to do the same thing in, and had to do it all from scratch each time...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I was meaning for example if i wanted to create a rectangle block, i would cope/paste the rectangle into a standard block that was already created then saveas

I tried drgging things onto the toolpalette but that didnt work, sigh

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

I was meaning for example if i wanted to create a rectangle block, i would cope/paste the rectangle into a standard block that was already created then saveas

I tried drgging things onto the toolpalette but that didnt work, sigh
    I copy paste objects (basic drawing objects) into blocks all the time. as long as you're not thinking you can copy paste ANYthing that relates to block customization such as fields, parameters and actions, lookups or vis states you'll be fine ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Yea it would basically be just the lines or text or whatever. Save having to create the scale lookup everytime lol

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Yea it would basically be just the lines or text or whatever. Save having to create the scale lookup everytime lol
    I didn't say that ....

The scale parameter is a great tool for sizing objects in a DB and keeping things clean in the block as a whole. I use it all the time, and while it can be a bit cumbersome figuring out the scales of specific objects, it's also much better IMHO than bringing in the same geometry 10 times for 10 vis states. Easier to modify or troubleshoot when a size or dimension changes too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Sorry i meant id just copy the objects that i want turned into a block into a "template" block that had the scale lookup in it.

Figuring out the scale is easy, i just create a parameter that is 100mm (for blocks 1:100) long then the scales are just 200mm for 1:200 10 for 1:10 etc nice and easy