See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Does not resolve after a re-boot even if I don't open the 3D drawing up again. One other thing that has changed recently, is I got a new Microsoft Optic Mouse, but the flickering doesn't seem to coincide with any mouse functions. It seems like it flashes during drafting and also flashes a few times after all commands are complete, then stops until more commands are started. This has not been a problem since I got the computer last June. Maybe it's something in the mouse software??

J.D.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Quote Originally Posted by jmyers.67919
    Does not resolve after a re-boot even if I don't open the 3D drawing up again. One other thing that has changed recently, is I got a new Microsoft Optic Mouse, but the flickering doesn't seem to coincide with any mouse functions. It seems like it flashes during drafting and also flashes a few times after all commands are complete, then stops until more commands are started. This has not been a problem since I got the computer last June. Maybe it's something in the mouse software??

J.D.
    Well, I would swap the mouse for a generic ball one, see if that makes a difference, if so, then look at the mouse dirvers and software. It does sound like a good candidate though, one thing I have found with the optic mice, is that they do some really odd stuff if you use them on a wood grain surface, it may be that you just need a mouse-mat.

Login to Give a bone

We got new machines recently. So we decided to take the old machine and install the graphics card on it. NO FLICKER.

We are now trying to change one thing at a time on the computer, hoping to find that one stupid setting with Windows or something.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Hello Everyone,

I thought that I would give an update on the "FLICKER" Issue:

I believe that we have SOLVED the problem. I was reading posts and someone mentioned that there mouse was jumping around. So we started thinking about items we completed when we got the new computers. We updated the software for the keyboards, mice, etc. It turns out that the Microsoft mouse drivers (Version 6.2) has been the root of the problem.

To test we installed the mouse driver on another machine and the same thing (Flickering) started happening. I thought the Tech was going to kill me!!! Thank goodness I found the fix (I HOPE) We have since unloaded the mouse drivers (Version 6.2) and reloaded the old drivers (Version 4.1)

I will let everyone know if I start having the problem again. I have been running the older version for two days now with no problems.

This leads me to another question: Does Autodesk have a list of approved hardware/drivers for mice, pointers, etc?

Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Login to Give a bone

Ken, updating my mouse driver to the newest seemed to help slightly, but has not solved my problem. I do not have an old driver for my mouse. You wouldn't happen to be using Intellimouse explorer 4.0 would you??

J.D.

Login to Give a bone

Ken, updating my mouse driver to the newest seemed to help slightly, but has not solved my problem. I do not have an old driver for my mouse. You wouldn't happen to be using Intellimouse explorer 4.0 would you??

J.D.
    If you need legacy mouse drivers, take a look at DriverGuide.com

Login to Give a bone

J.D.
    We are running Explorer 1.0's and Intellimouse Optical. I did not see the Explorer 4.0 on the list but I will see if I can find an earlier version. See the post prior to mine. It is a good place to find drivers.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Quote Originally Posted by kcover
    Hello Everyone,

I thought that I would give an update on the "FLICKER" Issue:

I believe that we have SOLVED the problem. I was reading posts and someone mentioned that there mouse was jumping around. So we started thinking about items we completed when we got the new computers. We updated the software for the keyboards, mice, etc. It turns out that the Microsoft mouse drivers (Version 6.2) has been the root of the problem.

[ SNIP ]
    Hi Kenneth

Thank you for taking the time to post back the solution that appears to have resolved your particular issue / problem - I am sure others will benefit from such information in the future.

Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by carl_hd_collins
    If you need legacy mouse drivers, take a look at DriverGuide.com
    Carl, I could not find an older driver for this mouse. The oldest one is v6.1. Any other place I can try that you know of? How would I find out the version on the CD that came with the mouse and then see if there is an earlier one? Or better yet, get microsoft to fix the problem...yeah right! Thanks!

J.D.

Login to Give a bone

Carl, I could not find an older driver for this mouse. The oldest one is v6.1. Any other place I can try that you know of? How would I find out the version on the CD that came with the mouse and then see if there is an earlier one? Or better yet, get microsoft to fix the problem...yeah right! Thanks!

J.D.
    You are the optimist, Microsoft sort it out...?

I would assume that you still have the install CD, there should be some help files on that which would tell you, or you can look at the driver details in your Control Panel.

The only other place I can think of to look would be on the manufacturers website or Google for it, you never know!

Good Luck,

Carl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast