See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

I think it's time to return this mouse, one other thing I don't like about it is the amount of pressure it takes to depress the wheel to pan (I have an indention in the bottom on my finger), and it doesn't work quite right either. I think I'll look at Logitech and anything else besides Microsoft. Now I know better what I want in a mouse by finding out what I don't like. In the meantime, I'll see what I can find for legacy drivers. Thanks!

J.D.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Screen flickering in AutoCAD (2007) only - Nvidia Quadro FX3500 video cards

Gee, I think I have posted 4 times in a row here, but they all add to the subject. I can vouch that it was indeed the mouse driver causing the screen to flicker. Not only was the mouse diffucult to use (mainly in the "depressing wheel" functions like pan and zoom extents), but getting rid of the microsoft mouse software was a real pain. Once that was done, my new Logitech mouse is doing all the functions I am accustomed to. I should have known better to buy mircosoft! My new mouse is a Logitech MX 310 Optical and it is smooth, precise and after some tweaking, works great for me.

J.D.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmyers.67919
    My new mouse is a Logitech MX 310 Optical and it is smooth, precise and after some tweaking, works great for me.

J.D.
    Good news

I started with a logitech mouse several years ago and now whenever I go for a new one either at home or at work its always logitech that look for.

Login to Give a bone

Hello, everyone, I finally found some drivers for the MS mice. go to the following page and you can find a few. I loaded the 4.1 and then 5.2 without issues so far (Except accuracy of mouse but I am used to that)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...DisplayLang=en

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kcover
    Hello, everyone, I finally found some drivers for the MS mice. go to the following page and you can find a few. I loaded the 4.1 and then 5.2 without issues so far (Except accuracy of mouse but I am used to that)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...DisplayLang=en
    Hey, I was just wondering how your FX 3500 goes performance wise? We have just received our upgrade to Revit Architecture & are trying to find a card that will utilise the OpenGL features. So far we've tried a Fire GL 7100, Nvidia 8800 series, & an ATI X1900 pro... & the Fire GL seems to be the winner. Would like to know how the Quadro rates but i havn't been able to find if anyone whos' had a go @ running them with revit. Have you had any luck?

Login to Give a bone

The video card is working great. We also tried to choose between ATI and Nvidia. We decided on the nvidia because of its software. ATI from what we found out has excellent hardware but the software support is not as good as the Nvidia.

Go to the following Thread:
    Video card recommendation - Dual Monitor capabilities / 256 MB Min

Login to Give a bone

I just this week bought a new Dell Precision Mobile Workstation (M6300) laptop (VSI certified) with the NVidia FX1600 card (they've discontinued the M90 with the FX3500 card, unfortunately and the M6300 is the replacement). I run a CAD service so I draw all day everyday. Among other CAD type programs, I run ACAD 2007 (for regualr CAD apps) and I too have the random screen flicker ONLY when running AutoCAD 2007. I know all of my drivers are all up to date as (of 24 hours ago) and download from the mfg. thus certified. When I reinstalled the mouse drivers, I just went to MS's website and downloaded the latest Intellipoint 6.2. I will uninstall it and load an older version and report back if it fixes the problem.

RE: LCD vs. CRT, I am very picky about this subject because I draw in CAD all day everyday. My personal preference is a high-end LCD any day! I only use Dell WUXGA TrueLife screens with 1920x1200 resolutions (laptops - I have to be mobile, can't be tied down to a tower). They are extremely clear and sharp and easy on my eyes, much more so than CRT's. I've NEVER had an issue until this week with this new machine and it is the occasional flicker, no fuzziness what so ever.

PS-This Dell Precision M6300 out performs my tower hands down. It has Intel's core duo extreme 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, SATA 7200rmp HDD and FX1700 256MB dedicated (512 turbo boost) card. A great Mobile CAD platform...I highly recommend it. The tower is also a Dell and equally equipped, just a little older. Will

Login to Give a bone

Deleting Intellimouse 6.2 fixed the problem. Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

FYI, I just fixed a similar situation here by downgrading from Intellimouse 6.1.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I was having similar problems with my GeForce 8800GTS 640 at home. It was really starting to bug me. Thinking it might be the graphics card I tried switching it with an ATI 600 from my office and that didn't fix the problem. I just switched the Intellimouse driver to 5.2 from 6.1 and for the past 2 hours everything has been running fine. I will repost if the problem re-arises. Thanks for bringing this post back to life.

<edit>
    3 days and still working fine
    Last edited by StephenJ; 2007-11-15 at 03:25 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast