Thread: Tips on rendering landscape?

Login to Give a bone

Question Tips on rendering landscape?

Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone had any tips on rendering a landscape around a building.
    I have inserted a ground plane with a grass texture - is there a better/more realistic way other than this?
    How would you then edit the edges of the grass where it meets paving etc so it looks more realistic and not just sharp lines?
    Any other tips to make the overall look more realistic would be greatly appreciated or if I can be pointed in the direction of any old posts!!
    many thanks,
    Lynsey )

All AUGI, all the time Max Lloyd's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tips on rendering landscape?

Hi there,

Not landscaping specifically, but take a look at this thread. Within it I have pointed to a number of other threads that I consider useful for general rendering tips.

Regards landscaping specifically, i would suggest tackling each part one at a time. Firstly, find the correct materials that you like. Then find a selection of trees and plants that you like, so on for landscape details (tables and chairs, sun loungers, cars, entourage etc) and just build it up slowly. The more attention to detail you pay, the better they will look.

Regards ground planes, personally, I never use them. I always create a topo surface, then use the subregion tool to form shapes of different materials onto it. (be aware, you can not snap to the subregion lines, or have them overlapping. Both of which are a bit frustrating!)

With regards to edges of grass, I usually hide the edge by putting planting or something in the way, or simply model a kerb or detail along its edge. Always more than one way to do things in Revit.

Hope this helps.

Max.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tips on rendering landscape?

Hey,

I just thought about whether anybody had any tips on rendering a scene around a building.

I have embedded a ground plane with a grass composition - is there a superior/more reasonable route other than this?

How might you then alter the edges of the grass where it meets clearing and so on so it looks more practical and not simply sharp lines?

Whatever other tips to make the general look more sensible would be extraordinarily refreshing or in the event that I can be pointed toward any old posts!!

much obliged,

Lynsey )