See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edit Scale list in AutoCAD LT 2008

Login to Give a bone

Default Edit Scale list in AutoCAD LT 2008

Hi guys.
    I'm just trying my subscription release of AutoCAD LT 2008.
    When I edit the scale list (I don't need all the imperial scale values, but would like 1:200, 1:250 and 1:500), the changes appear to be saved on a "per drawing basis" ie. if I open another drawing the scalelist reverts to default. This is NOT the case in LT 2007. Does anyone else have this problem??

Thanks...

gp

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Edit Scale list in AutoCAD LT 2008

Quote Originally Posted by greypaw
    Hi guys.
    I'm just trying my subscription release of AutoCAD LT 2008.
    When I edit the scale list (I don't need all the imperial scale values, but would like 1:200, 1:250 and 1:500), the changes appear to be saved on a "per drawing basis" ie. if I open another drawing the scalelist reverts to default. This is NOT the case in LT 2007. Does anyone else have this problem??

Thanks...

gp
    I haven't got my 2008 yet

But if you type UNITS into the command line and then go to the scale tab and add or remove what ever scales you want then put a tick in the box 'Save As Default' and apply.

Does this work for you?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Sanderson(UK)
    I haven't got my 2008 yet

But if you type UNITS into the command line and then go to the scale tab and add or remove what ever scales you want then put a tick in the box 'Save As Default' and apply.

Does this work for you?

Hi Steve.
    No. I can't get that to work. There isn't a "scale tab" with the units dialogue box.
    I think this problem is because the scales now need to vary when you use the new annotation scaling feature... (I haven't had time to poke it as yet) My guess is that the edited scale list is now going to be a "per-drawing" item. This'll be a REAL pain! However, I may be wrong. I'll have more of a play with it. Maybe someone else will also post here!

Many thanks for your help/interest. I hope you get yor 2k8 soon.
    Then again...

gp

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Steve.
    No. I can't get that to work. There isn't a "scale tab" with the units dialogue box.
    I think this problem is because the scales now need to vary when you use the new annotation scaling feature... (I haven't had time to poke it as yet) My guess is that the edited scale list is now going to be a "per-drawing" item. This'll be a REAL pain! However, I may be wrong. I'll have more of a play with it. Maybe someone else will also post here!

Many thanks for your help/interest. I hope you get yor 2k8 soon.
    Then again...

gp
    Aaaahh ok

That would be a pain, if you find a solution let me know is it something that could be set in your templates maybe? I don't know I guess I'll have to wait for my copy to arrive, good luck in the mean time.

Login to Give a bone

are you using scalelistedit to make the changes? i dont have my copy of 2008 yet either, so i cant check it. in previous version (2007 and back as far as i know) the scalelist has been a registry setting (no idea why though.)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    are you using scalelistedit to make the changes? i dont have my copy of 2008 yet either, so i cant check it. in previous version (2007 and back as far as i know) the scalelist has been a registry setting (no idea why though.)
    Yep. That's right. It definitely seems to have changed.
    I'll look at setting templates. Good idea. It doesn't help with any "existing" files however.
    I'll report back. Keep me in toch when you guys get your upgrades...

Thanks again.

gp

Login to Give a bone

Steve is right. The template file WILL retain the scale list settings. Which begs the question; why do the settings not stay as they were, as part of the registry?
    mmmmm.
    Also.
    I've noticed that the layout tab names, if they contain an ampersand (&) become corrupt.
    You can cure it by renaming them with 2 &&'s, but then if you plot to file using a default file name THAT contains the 2 &&'s and, of course, if you use the layout tab name as part of the plot-stamp, that's incorrect too!!
    How many more backward steps does this release incorporate, he wonders...
    mmmmm. again.

gp

Login to Give a bone

Steve is right. The template file WILL retain the scale list settings. Which begs the question; why do the settings not stay as they were, as part of the registry?
    mmmmm.
    Also.
    I've noticed that the layout tab names, if they contain an ampersand (&) become corrupt.
    You can cure it by renaming them with 2 &&'s, but then if you plot to file using a default file name THAT contains the 2 &&'s and, of course, if you use the layout tab name as part of the plot-stamp, that's incorrect too!!
    How many more backward steps does this release incorporate, he wonders...
    mmmmm. again.

gp
    I'm pretty sure the scale list is by drawing now because of the new annotation scaling commands, but that doesn't make dealing with the problem any easier swallow.

As for the ampersand in the layout tab name, I'm guessing the "improvements" to the layout tabs comes at some expense. The old two steps forward and one step back theory.

I still like the ability to drag and drop the layout tabs to add it to the sheet set. For me it's worth the trade off of typing "and" instead of "&"...but I would understand if people disagree with me.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Augi Doggie
    I'm pretty sure the scale list is by drawing now because of the new annotation scaling commands, but that doesn't make dealing with the problem any easier swallow.

As for the ampersand in the layout tab name, I'm guessing the "improvements" to the layout tabs comes at some expense. The old two steps forward and one step back theory.

I still like the ability to drag and drop the layout tabs to add it to the sheet set. For me it's worth the trade off of typing "and" instead of "&"...but I would understand if people disagree with me.
    Yeah. Trouble is when you work for a company called AT&T...

Oh well...

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Yeah. Trouble is when you work for a company called AT&T...

Oh well...
    just do like their website ATT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast