Thread: Using domain login possible for vault?

Login to Give a bone

Question Using domain login possible for vault?

I'm setting up users for Vault. The Data Management Server is hosted on a Windows Server 2003 machine, and is part of a domain. Our file shares use the domain authentication for access. Is it possible to do the same for Vault accounts? It is a hassle for our users to use yet another login/password - especially how we must change our passwords often per company policy.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using domain login possible for vault?

Hi

Disclaimer - I have never set-up or configured Vault.

That said, see if the following document adms_5_advanced_config_guide.pdf offers any help / guidance...

ID: DL7980615 - Advanced Configuration Guide for Autodesk Data Management Server 5

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using domain login possible for vault?

As of right now it is not possible with an out of the box Vault setup to use domain authentication for access.

Why not have users select the automatic login check box? They would only need to enter their login/password once.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Using domain login possible for vault?

The auto login is not possible because I have set up multiple vaults. Our IT departments also requires user passwords be periodically changed, and be different - requiring yet another password to deal with. I don't know how to authenticate password length and uniqueness. I did read on the web that this capability (domain authentication) is not possible, after this post. I'm still hoping it is somehow, though. Thanks for the two suggestions.