Thread: Plot delay and error with raster images when plotting to a Konika Minolta C250

Login to Give a bone

Default Plot delay and error with raster images when plotting to a Konika Minolta C250

I added this post to the Autodesk Discussion Groups a couple of months ago and have not had any solution. Can someone please help?.......

My company recently replaced its colour printer/copier with a Konika Minolta C250. The printer works great, except when plotting particular files from AutoCAD (LT 2007).

I've had the problem with 4 different files, all of which have jpeg images inserted with other vector data overlayed. When I try to print these files, it takes an age to spool, sometimes a half hour, and when the print finally comes out the image is shifted under the vector data and is cut off with a jagged zig-zag edge.

I have plotted other files successfully, even though they have been setup the same way (same raster file type, etc.).

The Konica Minolta tech support has looked at the files and determined that "it seems to be an Autocad issue. He has told me that it is hanging in the application not the printer, which tells him that it is not the printer".

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Plot delay and error with raster images when plotting to a Konika Minolta C250

Hi

What happens (ie What results do you obtain) if you take those same problem drawing files and plot them to another output device?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plot delay and error with raster images when plotting to a Konika Minolta C250

Hi Mike:

Thanks for your response. I had not had problems plotting to another device until last week, although I'm not certain I had tried up to that point. Last week I tried plotting to a pdf file with the same results. The raster image in the pdf was cut off with jagged edge and was shifted under the other vector data.

Have you encountered this before?

Laura

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plot delay and error with raster images when plotting to a Konika Minolta C250

We have a very similar printer here, we have the Konica Minolta c252, which I could give your drawing a look and try to print it here, but it sounds like there is some other problem, rather than it being localized to the printer. Is there a viewport which has an odd shape and/or linetype assigned to it?

Login to Give a bone

I've just plotted another file (again with a raster image) to a different plotter (Canon iR C3170) with the same result. This files has a rectangular viewport with no special linetypes. This is frustrating for me and my colleagues since the printer hangs for sometimes half an hour when the error occurs. I've attached the problem dwg with all its associated files. I hope you can help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by l.mcleod; 2007-06-20 at 03:48 PM.

Login to Give a bone

we have a konica 450 and i have had the same problem with the long delay but our delay was after exiting the print preview when printing from model space. no body was ever able to tell me what was wrong i just had to remake our templates and resource drawings based on a clean drawing that printed correctly.

Login to Give a bone

sorry for the ad news