Thread: Looking for a laptop that has a stylus pen/touchscreen

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for a laptop that has a stylus pen/touchscreen

Group,
    Not to hijack the thread, but what I'm looking for is a laptop that has the stylus pen/touchscreen so that I can sketch ideas down quickly anywhere I'm at. I have a wacom but I think I would do far better with my artist skills with a screen I can draw right on.

I have looked only a little but it's hard to tell what cpus have this capability and what ones do not. Is there a certain criteria or name I should be looking for?

TIA

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for a laptop that has a stylus pen/touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Kroke
    Group,
    Not to hijack the thread, but what I'm looking for is a laptop that has the stylus pen/touchscreen so that I can sketch ideas down quickly anywhere I'm at. I have a wacom but I think I would do far better with my artist skills with a screen I can draw right on.

I have looked only a little but it's hard to tell what cpus have this capability and what ones do not. Is there a certain criteria or name I should be looking for?

TIA
    Search for Tablet PC's...The problem is that they are expensive, even for the low end...I would look for the same specs in the Tablet as I would in a desktop, but understand the limits of Tablets/Laptops...Chances are there are not that many true workstation Tablets only because the demand is not quite there...If you are just looking for a light drawing tablet and you plan not to use it for "serious" CAD, then you should be OK with an entry level, but make sure you get plenty of HD space and RAM...Also, if you can wait a month, the price of the Intel Core 2 Duo chip is about to go down...They are about to release the new [url=http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31669/135/Penryn chip[/url]...Plus with AMD slashing prices, Intel will follow suit, just to try to squeeze AMD more...