Thread: dual monitor problem

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation dual monitor problem

i have problem with Revit structure
    i have two monitors - laptop and additional
    when i have Revit open on laptop monitor then i have the bar showing up correctly see picture - correct

but when i move Revit to second monitor the toolbar stacks up - see pciture - problem

any ideas how to correct this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dual monitor problem

Hi,
    Do the two screens have different resolutions that might cause it to display differently on one?

Tom Weir
    Los Angeles

Login to Give a bone

Yes different resolutions - laptop is small - cause i drag it along - and monitor on the table is bigger.

So yes.

Not possible to set them similar - as LCD has one native resolution- if i understood you correctly.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I've had this occur a few times when using a single monitor. Sometimes during a command they will become stacked as in your picture but if I switch views its usually corrected. Im not sure what the cause is with your laptop though. Does it continue to stay stacked once you begin modeling?

Login to Give a bone

yes its stacked

it is very frustrating as when you select something - it stacks up - and voila you have moved it to other location - cause between commands its one row and ...

at first i didn't understand what is happening

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I use Revit on dual-monitor machines. Keep this in mind, Revit doesn't like anything but the primary monitor. We've had ALL kinds of problems if we run Revit on the secondary monitor. We always run Revit on the primary monitor and then run everything else on the secondary. Until Revit supports multiple monitors, this is your best bet.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Or just update to a single 24". Nice.

We just purchased 70 new machines to replace our machine purchase three years ago. We opted for a single 24" instead of our dual 19".

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Dell's running a sale on their 22" widescreens right now for $309 each. Buy two of them and be running 44" of desktop for $618. The 24" monitors are $679 each.

Don't get me wrong: I just ordered new machines and the standard configuration is dual Dell 2407s. They're gorgeous!

I just think dual 22"s would be a better "bang for your buck."

I read an article in a business magazine that said that simply switching to dual-monitors increases productivity a minimum of 10%. This is based on the fact that most people run multiple apps at the same time and dual-monitors reduce the switching of one app to another using the task-switcher or taskbar.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: dual monitor problem

I gave up running Revit on 2 monitors. Very disappointed
    Although I managed to span Revit on both monitors, every new view I open goes on both (without been maximized). I waste more time resizing windows than getting work done.

Therefore, I'm waiting the opportunity to buy a DELL 3007. At 2560x1600 it has a decent real estate.
    Last edited by A3D; 2007-05-08 at 10:45 AM.

Login to Give a bone

dual monitors by Dell working very well. Hardware can limit the monitor configuration. With the right video card and computer all that is left is the monitor choices. We are running a Dell 670 Workstation with NVidia 4400 graphic card - dual DVI and ability to run 1600x1200 or more. We run a 21" dell vertical and a 30" dell 3007 Horizontal. The NVidia software for the monitors is selected to a custom Revit profile that includes "Dual View". When Revit spans both screen all works very well. The toolbars are set fine, the 21" left monitor holds the selection menus and 4 open elevations in wireframe. the 30" right monitor holds 1 to 3 open working views. All views snap to the monitor they are on if we want a full view. Our resolutions are 1600 x 1200 for the 21" vertical (rotated 90 degrees) and 2560 x 1200 on the 30". This is a very productive working environment. some notes... when I restart the cptr I do reload the Revit profile in the NVidia software. The Nvidia software is the latest out there... been around for about a year.