Thread: ADT 2007 Title Blocks

Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2007 Title Blocks

I have created several sheets with the ADT 07 title block. I created a custom tile block would like to replace/swap the old title block. Is there an automated way to do this using the PN/ADT 07? or will i have to do this manually?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2007 Title Blocks

If your title block is xrefd into paper space, then, just update the file containing the title block and reload it in your sheet files. If your entire titleblock is live in the drawing, then it copy/paste to original coordinates time!
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

When I use the PN to add my sheet template title block, adt places a block in paper space. I'm using SP-1. i read the thread from CADMama. Do i have to make the title block an element then set up the default template to that location? Paste to original coordinates is one of my favorite commands but its not effective or efficient in this situation. But it does work because i tried that first. I was looking for some automation. Do you have an option to xref or go live? Thanks for your time and help, Steve.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Quedawg392
    When I use the PN to add my sheet template title block, adt places a block in paper space. I'm using SP-1. i read the thread from CADMama. Do i have to make the title block an element then set up the default template to that location? Paste to original coordinates is one of my favorite commands but its not effective or efficient in this situation. But it does work because i tried that first. I was looking for some automation. Do you have an option to xref or go live? Thanks for your time and help, Steve.
    I prefer to use an xref for the title block and an attributed block for the text that needs to be live. no way around that one - in order for a field to work it needs to live in the drawing it is pulling info from. The titleblock doesnt need to be in the elements, but it would make it an easy place to store it and keep handy.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM