Thread: AutoCAD 2008 tables & Excel

Default AutoCAD 2008 tables & Excel

I am interested in importing excel files into AutoCAD.

What version of Excel is the data linking in AutoCAD 2008 compatible with? I took a class at AU2004 on tables and was told that if you I set up the table style and matched the excel settings that I could get the import to work more smoothly. Well when I got home I ran into problems, I currently use excel 2000 and the importing of excel did not work correctly.

We use excel extensively for electrical panel schedules, light fixture schedules, plumbing fixture schedules and many other places could be utilized. AutoCAD tables are getting better but are still slow to manipulate and still do not do enough with calculations.

I guess I am asking for a detailed class on just excel & tables that covers setting up AutoCAD to receive excel and excel to exported to AutoCAD.

Thanks

Post Re: AutoCAD 2008 tables & Excel

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcCall
    What version of Excel is the data linking in AutoCAD 2008 compatible with? I took a class at AU2004 on tables and was told that if you I set up the table style and matched the excel settings that I could get the import to work more smoothly. Well when I got home I ran into problems, I currently use excel 2000 and the importing of excel did not work correctly.
    I don't know if I've specifically read anywhere, but, I want to say it is Excel 2003. (I haven't used these kinds of features much because until VERY recently I only had Office 97)

I'd also be interested in a course showing how AutoCAD can work with Excel.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Default Re: AutoCAD 2008 tables & Excel

Well, I can tell you that AutoCAD 2008 has made huge improvements in the Datalinking between AutoCAD and Excel. I'll see what we can do about getting a class together on this.