See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Looking for a LISP routine to plot out a .CTB file with relevant information attached

I could stop if I wanted to cadd4la's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for a LISP routine to plot out a .CTB file with relevant information attached

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a lisp file that will read the set .ctb file in the drawing, then draw a line for all the layer colors, as well as have text of the color name to the left of the line and text of the lineweight above the line. On a 8 1/2x11 sheet.

Thanks for the help.

Kyle C.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for a LISP routine to plot out a .CTB file with relevant information attached

It's not easy to cram 255 lines with text on a Letter sized sheet, and have it be legible.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for a LISP routine to plot out a .CTB file with relevant information attached

Plus, AutoLISP cannot read the contents of CTB or STB files. Therefore, the lineweights information of each color cannot be read.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I think OP was talking about getting output like this, which is possible.
    In other words, to visually see the lineweights, not necessarily document the size in inches or mm.

lw.png

I read "text of the lineweight" to mean some text (the name of the color) printed at the lineweight of that color.

You can't really do this however because the really thick lines would just make a blob of the text, so I just use TTF for the text in mine.
    Last edited by rkmcswain; 2016-04-07 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add more data
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    I think OP was talking about getting output like this, which is possible.
    In other words, to visually see the lineweights, not necessarily document the size in inches or mm.

lw.png

I read "text of the lineweight" to mean some text (the name of the color) printed at the lineweight of that color.

You can't really do this however because the really thick lines would just make a blob of the text, so I just use TTF for the text in mine.
    Could you attach that drawing?

You can use Autocad CTB (or STB) online viewer to see it shown in a web page.

I could stop if I wanted to cadd4la's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Tom,

Thanks, this will work.

Cadd4la

Login to Give a bone

This may help:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    A while back I took on a similar challenge, and ended up recreating a drawing to depict various CTB's, which may save you some effort... See the attachment in this old post; here's a small screen shot:

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Here's a sheet I use for matching the pen weights to client requirements. This particular example is showing NavFac pen weights and color, and will plot properly only with the NavFac ctb from the Navy.

As I deal with other client standards, I'll set up a similar sheet for their requirements. Kind of a PITA to do it manually, but with a small number of clients that require uniqe standards, it's acceptable.
    Attached Files Attached Files