Thread: Editing Display Representation for multi-view blocks

Marv- Past AUGI President Marv Muston's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Editing Display Representation for multi-view blocks

Hi folks,

How do you edit the display representation for multi-view blocks like toilet fixtures, kitchen applicances, etc.?

Let's say I want to show them in a reflected ceiling plan as screened, basically changing the object display not the layer.

In this scenario, let's say the Floor Plan and reflected ceiling are shown on the same sheet with two different viewports.

I have it set already to screen almost all the other stuff (wall, windows, etc) except those objects.

I'm using ADT 2006 and AutoCAD for Architecture 2008.

Can someone offer any assistance please?

Thanks!
    Marv

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Editing Display Representation for multi-view blocks

Hi Marv,

I'm out of the office today so I don't have AMEP in front of me so I'll have to go from memory.

First, right click on the multi-view block and go to edit block style (or something like that). Go to the display properties tab and click on the styles override now change the layer to a screened layer for the object or just change the objects color to your screened color.

I'm sorry for the primitive directions but hopefully it will move you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Marv- Past AUGI President Marv Muston's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stelthorst
    Hi Marv,

I'm out of the office today so I don't have AMEP in front of me so I'll have to go from memory.

First, right click on the multi-view block and go to edit block style (or something like that). Go to the display properties tab and click on the styles override now change the layer to a screened layer for the object or just change the objects color to your screened color.

I'm sorry for the primitive directions but hopefully it will move you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
    Hey Scott,

The MV Blocks do not have a detailed display representative tab like walls, doors, etc. Take a look when you get back to the office.

I want to be able to change the display through the Display Manager but the "edit" is grayed out. It is not grayed out on walls, doors, windows, etc....

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks
    Marv
    Last edited by Marv Muston; 2007-05-04 at 03:42 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by marvcad
    Hey Scott,

The MV Blocks do not have a detailed display representative tab like walls, doors, etc. Take a look when you get back to the office.

I want to be able to change the display through the Display Manager but the "edit" is grayed out. It is not grayed out on walls, doors, windows, etc....

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks
    Marv
    Multi-View Blocks do not have component-level editing of display settings. If you want a MVB to display screened in a Reflected Display Representation, then the block you assign to the Reflected Display Representation has to be defined with linework that will plot screened.

In other words, you need to create a separate view block and the linework within would need to be assigned a plot style [whether directly or ByLayer] that will plot screened. Add that block as the view block for the Reflected Display Representation.

The above assumes that the Display Configuration you set active for your reflected ceiling plans has a Display Representation called Reflected for Multi-View Blocks and that Reflected Display Representation is turned on in the active Display Representation Set.