Thread: Lost all the PC3 files....

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Lost all the PC3 files....

An IT guy came in yesterday to connect my CAD station to the company network. This morning when I started my PC I couldn't print/plot any of my 4,000 + drawings. All my PC3 files are not available anymore in the PLOT window.

Does anyone know where to look on the C: drive to find the old, original PC3 files I used to use? I need to know where to look for them (where AutoCAD stores them) and I also need to know how to get them back into AutoCAD to use again when plotting.

I called the IT guy, but who knows when they will call back or show up to help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lost all the PC3 files....

Quote Originally Posted by BushDog1 View Post
    An IT guy came in yesterday to connect my CAD station to the company network. This morning when I started my PC I couldn't print/plot any of my 4,000 + drawings. All my PC3 files are not available anymore in the PLOT window.

Does anyone know where to look on the C: drive to find the old, original PC3 files I used to use? I need to know where to look for them (where AutoCAD stores them) and I also need to know how to get them back into AutoCAD to use again when plotting.

I called the IT guy, but who knows when they will call back or show up to help.
    I'd do a search in explorer, but mine are at C:/programdata/autodesk/acd-a 2009/enu/plotters.
    I'm running 2009 on Vista 64, so the paths may be slightly different.

The first thing I would check is the file search path in ACAD. Go to options, then the files tab. Scroll down to the "printer support file path" and look in there. Make sure the "printer configuration search path" points to where your pc3 files are. They shouldn't have been deleted by jUSt getting you on the company network.

I'd also ask to see if the PC3 files are on the network somewhere so everyone has access to the same setups. If so, make the search path point to the correct path on the network.