Thread: Text within Block out of alignment when associated with a MultiLeader

Login to Give a bone

Default Text within Block out of alignment when associated with a MultiLeader

I've been playing with the new multileader function and have come across a problem. When using a block for annotation, the text is slightly out of alignment (see attached jpeg).
    Has anyone else come across this, and is there a way to fix it. Appreciate any feedback.

ska
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Text within Block out of alignment when associated with a MultiLeader

Hi

Can you please post an actual drawing file that exhibits the behaviour you have described above...

Have a good one, Mike

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Text within Block out of alignment when associated with a MultiLeader

i have noticed that the text doesnt get placed in the same location as when you use a qleader. I have been experimenting with a lisp routine that converts qleaders to mleaders and have noticed a few other slight differences between them.

Login to Give a bone

Mike,

Thanks for your response. Here is the dwg file showing both a standard block & a user defined block. I have discovered that if I use a space before my text, the alignment is perfect.

ska
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Text within Block out of alignment when associated with a MultiLeader

Quote Originally Posted by saustin
    Thanks for your response. Here is the dwg file showing both a standard block & a user defined block. I have discovered that if I use a space before my text, the alignment is perfect.
    Hi

No worries...

Does this particular issue / problem occur in all your DWG files?

Only ask as I am seeing the issue / problem in your attached DWG file (multi.dwg), but I do not see the same issue / problem in DWG files I have created.

*If* I have the time, I will compare multi.dwg with a good DWG file, and see if I can identify the cause of the issue / problem.

Have a good one, Mike

ps In future it might be best not to post DWG files to the AUGI forums with VBA Marcos embedded in them.

Login to Give a bone

Mike,

Yes, this occurs with all my and my co-workers drawings. Sorry about the macro, forgot it was there.

ska

Login to Give a bone

I have this problem as well. When I use the our companies ITEM block instead of MTEXT the attribute sits to the left of centre. Is there a fix for this? This is a great function but I can't use it unless it works properly.
    I will check up again to see if there is a solution.

Login to Give a bone

I've found that if I add a space to the beginning of the text, it is perfectly aligned for some reason.

ska