Thread: Dynamic Input, unable to input surveyors bearings in the SE or SW quadrant

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Input, unable to input surveyors bearings in the SE or SW quadrant

Does anyone know why you can't input a surveyors bearing in the SE or SW quadrant when using dynamic input. It works in the NE and NW quadrant but not the other two. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Input, unable to input surveyors bearings in the SE or SW quadrant

Quote Originally Posted by rmk
    Does anyone know why you can't input a surveyors bearing in the SE or SW quadrant when using dynamic input. It works in the NE and NW quadrant but not the other two. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hi,

Are you using this format?

From help:
    Work with Surveyor's Angles

If you use surveyor's angles when specifying polar coordinates, indicate whether the surveyor's angles are in the north, south, east, or west direction. For example, to enter a coordinate relative to the current coordinate for a property line that is 72 feet, 8 inches long with a bearing of 45 degrees north, 20 minutes, 6 seconds east, enter

@72'8"<n45d20'6"e

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Input, unable to input surveyors bearings in the SE or SW quadrant

Actually, I am trying to tab between the input boxes and enter the necessary info in the boxes themselves. I have always input it like you show at the command line, but i was hoping to get away from doing that.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk
    Actually, I am trying to tab between the input boxes and enter the necessary info in the boxes themselves. I have always input it like you show at the command line, but i was hoping to get away from doing that.
    you can just keep entering the information, you dont need to tab through them. when you type the @ and < it jumps to the appropriate box.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

What i was doing was invoking the line command, picking a point on the screen and moving the cursor to another point on the screen without pressing any mouse button, tabbing through the input boxes (not using the @ or< symbols, just entering a distance and S65d15'E and then pressing enter. the line would be drawn in the nw quadrant at a different bearing.

Login to Give a bone

i just tried two lines here with your bearings, one tabbing through and one using @ and < and both came out fine, and appeared to be in the correct quadrant. its possible that you just need to move your line so the opposite end hits the current point - i have seen that happen more than once. i dont really know why it does that, we only covered surveying in one class and i pretty much forgot all of that stuff as soon as i finished the test.