Thread: Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

Login to Give a bone

Question Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

I'm trying to create a table in AutoCAD 2007 that can update a field if I changed the contents in the table. For instance I've got first floor elevations, invert elevations, centerline elevations, etc... that are referenced multiple times in a drawing and I wanted to create a table with all the elevations and when I change the elevations in the table they would update in a field. Any help would be great, thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

Hi

You should be able to link the contents of a Table cell to a Field Object.

What exactly are you after achieving? The more detailed information you are able to supply, the better chance of someone being able to provide a solution to your particular requirements.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    You should be able to link the contents of a Table cell to a Field Object.
    Can you show us how? Thanks.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

Quote Originally Posted by clucas.116254
    I'm trying to create a table in AutoCAD 2007 that can update a field if I changed the contents in the table. For instance I've got first floor elevations, invert elevations, centerline elevations, etc... that are referenced multiple times in a drawing and I wanted to create a table with all the elevations and when I change the elevations in the table they would update in a field. Any help would be great, thanks!
    Do you have to use a TABLE object?

If not, you can create your text, make a block out of it, then insert the block into all the places you need it.

Then if you have to change it, you simply edit the block definition using ._BEDIT.

All AUGI, all the time zoomharis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    Can you show us how? Thanks.
    Of course, you can do that. Use the Cell button inside the Formula category of the Field object. See the attached sample drawing.

HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zoomharis; 2007-05-19 at 11:22 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Link a value in a Table to a Field, so Field updates if Table value changes

Quote Originally Posted by zoomharis
    Of course, you can do that. Use the Cell button inside the Formula category of the Field object.
    Cool. I knew it could be done since the other poster said so. Thanks for the example.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zoomharis View Post
    Of course, you can do that. Use the Cell button inside the Formula category of the Field object. See the attached sample drawing.

HTH
    I know this is a few years after the fact, however it is an issue just the same today as it was 5 years ago. I would add the question; can this be done across different layouts as well as between layout and model space? Also, can two or more tables be linked in the same convention? Please advise, Thank you!

Login to Give a bone

simplest thing would be to use DWGPROPS, put the value there,and have the fields reference it. presuming that you don't have a humongous number of values to work with