See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Callout Heads

Login to Give a bone

Default Callout Heads

I have some callout heads/section heads I have created to designate an alternate version of a detail by showing #A in the detail number area, I loaded my family into my project, created new types in the view tag settings to incorperate my new tags. ANd then when I select it in the element properties dialog when creating a new callout or detail cut it defaults back to the system callout head. And if I try to change an existing callout it wont apply my family.

All my new callout head is is the system family one but I put a text block with an 'A' in it to the left side of the detail number tag and moved that tag over a little bit so it doesn't crowd the A if it is double digits.

I've attached it if anyone wants to take a look. My work around for now is to just stick an A next to the detail number in a regular bubble, but of course it looks funny because it isn't centered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Callout Heads

Quote Originally Posted by asaastad
    I have some callout heads/section heads I have created to designate an alternate version of a detail by showing #A in the detail number area, I loaded my family into my project, created new types in the view tag settings to incorperate my new tags. ANd then when I select it in the element properties dialog when creating a new callout or detail cut it defaults back to the system callout head. And if I try to change an existing callout it wont apply my family.

All my new callout head is is the system family one but I put a text block with an 'A' in it to the left side of the detail number tag and moved that tag over a little bit so it doesn't crowd the A if it is double digits.

I've attached it if anyone wants to take a look. My work around for now is to just stick an A next to the detail number in a regular bubble, but of course it looks funny because it isn't centered.
    I haven't tried it, but it sounds like you might be mistaking "Callout Head" for "Section Head", try drawing a callout view from the view menu and see if it doesn't show up there. If so, open one of the "Section Head" families and make your modifications there.

While I'm typing, I'll share my approach to "A", "B", etc. details. We create a drafting view with a small, very light grey (practically white) line with a weight of 1. We place this view on the detail sheet with only the "detail number/sheet number" circle as the title (no line or text title). We put it to the left of the associated detail and use the reference other view when cutting the sections on the plan.

I like the idea of your approach though, maybe I'll give that a try...I'll let you know how it goes.