See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tags atributes blocked (bloqueados)

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Tags atributes blocked (bloqueados)

Hi there,

I new here and kind of new at ACA, aways used it (ADT) to model my 3d buildings only. Now I decided to use its power to design floor plans for plotting using the 3d model, co´s I used to make one design in traditional CAD way and a 3d model just for rendering.

That said comes the problem...

- My tags don´t let me rename my roons, doors nor windows ... the NAME atribute comes aways blocked...

- And I just can´t figure it out how to manage how the objects must be seen from top view ... some doors just don´t apear on my top view, the curtain wall only at some perspective view as well .. I now I´m beeing stupid on something here, can anyone show what is it??? the only objects seems to be visible at all views are the basic ones, basic wall, basic external door...

Really need your help,

Thanks
    GGoulart

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tags atributes blocked (bloqueados)

Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post! Might I inquire as to your native language? You are doing very well in english, but we also have some language specific international forums that might be more comfortable.

If the tag lives in a file and is linked to the model thru an xref, you will be able to edit the data but you will have to select the tag, go to Properties palette and choose extended data tab. There you will find a miniscule button next to the header above the information you want to edit. Otherwise you will have to go back to the live door and edit the property there.

Well, from the sounds of it, you are not using Project Navigator - that would help greatly with the display of the floor plans.

If you start with doing a massing design of your building first, there are steps you can take to split everything into seperate levels.

Clarification on what you started with and why as well as your end goal up to this point would help as well.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Steve, thanks for the fast answer
    My native language is Portugues (Brazilian Portuguese)

It is a fact that I´m not using the project navigator, I will start doing that on the next project. (i hope )

I watched a tutorial about tags and spaces anda decided to estar testing it.
    I just click on new >> model (metric stb) and start drawing any closed space just to test.
    And the problem is there ... The room tag , as said before, don´t allow me to change the NAME value, I tryed to edit through the Style Manager inserting an Editable NAME atribute, but even with its Visible toggled ON , its not visible at all.

I tryed it on a old file, tryed on a new one as described.. but nothing seems to work .
    My guess: the thousands of configurations native to ACA are messing with my head lol

My end goal is to use ACA to sketch the project and go with it till the end, wich for me is 3d renderings with MAX and plott 2d techinical plans for construction.

Once again thanks.
    GGoulart

Login to Give a bone

Since we have a forum for Portugues using ADT/ABS ( http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=706 ), I will move this thread for now into the Portugues forum. I feel you will get further in your questions using portugues. Its very difficult to translate technical terms from one language to another.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can attach one of the drawings with the item you are having trouble with and cloud the item in the drawing and show what it should look like after editing.

My guess is that you are using a tag designed to work with a drawing loaded into a project in Project Navigator. If you are using a project based room tag or door tag, it will not allow you to change certain values. Make sure you are using the generic room tag and door tag.

Login to Give a bone

Fiz um arquivo simples com o tipo de problema que estou tendo.
    Não consigo mudar os atributos da tag de forma alguma.

Obrigado,
    GGoulart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Looking at the space object jogged my memory that space objects have a name field on properties palette when selected, however the tag will not read that property and needs seperate editing.

It would appear however that the room tag being used along with the space object is not using the correct Property Set Definition (PSD). Please take a look at the revised tag I built and see if this was your intended result.

In the future, when you want text that is unique displayed on a tag, it must reference PSD from the object, not the style. When you look at the drawing, you will most likely want to adjust how the tag scales - I did not take the time to make it scale correctly. But you will see now that when you select a space object and change its name on the Design tab of the Properties palette, the tag will update to show that change.

Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Tags atributes blocked (bloqueados)

Perhaps one of our resident translators would be able to make a decent translation for my above post? I'm rather short in my vocabulary of Portugues...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Bennett,

It seems to be what I need indeed, but as before, I can´t change name values on the properties palette, its late here in Brazil now, tomorrou I will try to understand better the file you attached, is there any chance its a bug on ACA or more probably in my head lol...

I also tryed to create list definitions to attach to name value, does´t seem to work..

once again thanks

GGoulart

Português Forum Moderator Brogueira-CADptbr's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Goulard,

Bem vindo a este local onde se fala Português, hehe...

Possivelmente dever-se-á ao adiantado da hora que não deu para postar também em Português.

Eu ando um pouco ocupado senão já teria feito o trabalho da tradução dos posts que não estão em Português. Pelo menos acrescentei (bloqueados) ao título...rsss.

Amanhã estarei de novo a divulgar o AUGI num evento em Portugal.

Conto com a sua participação. Não sei se sabe que, se não for adiado, o Lançamento do AUGI br será a 30 de Maio. Os Fóruns continuarão a ser estes só que o mesmo Login dará para entrar no AUGI.com e aceder os Fóruns através dum interface em Inglês ou através do AUGIbr (que ainda não conheço o endereço final...só o site de desenvolvimento) com interface em Português.

Já agora passe pelo cafézinho sem CAD e se achar interessante se apresente.

Por favor sempre que possível post suas questões também em Português. Obrigado.

Quote Originally Posted by goulart.arquitetura
    Thanks Bennett,

It seems to be what I need indeed, but as before, I can´t change name values on the properties palette, its late here in Brazil now, tomorrou I will try to understand better the file you attached, is there any chance its a bug on ACA or more probably in my head lol...

I also tryed to create list definitions to attach to name value, does´t seem to work..

once again thanks

GGoulart
    João Greno Brogueira
    Moderador dos Fóruns em Português do AUGI
    augi@brogueira.com
    www.topcadexperts.com

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by goulart.arquitetura
    Thanks Bennett,

once again thanks

GGoulart
    Make sure you have selected the space object in the file it lives in, using the design tab on properties palette make sure you are clicking on the name of the space so it highlights (changes color), type your change and hit enter (always hit enter after typing a new value in properties palette).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast