Thread: Custom toolbar icons mirroring other toolbar icons or missing completely

I could stop if I wanted to artisteroi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Question Custom toolbar icons mirroring other toolbar icons or missing completely

got a custom toolbar for my vba program, and trie to copy it to another inhouse machine and the tool bar picked up the icon images of the toolbar above it in the cui file editor. where ever i moved it to it always looked like the one above it. And if the one above it had fewer icons then the rest of my toolbar icons were blank, just showed an empty toolbar.
    In the editor it had the right images but didn't seem to display it in the live bar on the desktop.
    anyone got any idea what would cause that? I am going to make a dll using the afralisp program but if this is beacuse of an installation error I would like to fix it. anyone know?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom toolbar icons mirroring other toolbar icons or missing completely

Hi "artisteroi"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the VBA forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom toolbar icons mirroring other toolbar icons or missing completely

Hi

For starters, see if the following offers any help...

Toolbar images not being successfully applied to custom toolbar

RE: Icon disappear from toolbar

ID: TS1055063 - Adding new toolbar buttons

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

There is a .NET API for the CUI. Have you tried that? If not, are you creating a separate CUI to load as partial, to provide the toolbar? That will be the only way to get the separate resource .dll to work.

Login to Give a bone

"There is a .NET API for the CUI. Have you tried that? If not, are you creating a separate CUI to load as partial, to provide the toolbar? That will be the only way to get the separate resource .dll to work."

What is a ".NET API for the CUI"?

I have just joined this thread, however, I am having a similar problem, I think. Since the poster did not answer your question I will. Yes, I am creating a separate CUI (".mnu") to load as a partial menu to provide the toolbar. If you will, please look at the following which explains my condition much more thoroughly:
    rick.21832

Thanks
    RB

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rick.21832 View Post
    ... I am having a similar problem, I think. Since the poster did not answer your question I will. Yes, I am creating a separate CUI (".mnu") to load as a partial menu to provide the toolbar.
    You don't want to do that. Load all interface elements (i.e. load all CUI files) and use workspaces to control the visible elements. DO NOT SWAP "MENUS".
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.