Thread: Manipulate Points in Land Desktop 2006?

Login to Give a bone

Default Manipulate Points in Land Desktop 2006?

I am trying to convert the location and data of my points from decimal feet to architectural units. The reason I am doing this is the points are used by our piping designers to run their 3D models and design the piping systems. All of this work is done in architectural units. Under the Point Settings, I have the "Allow points to be Move'd" check box selected. I invoke the scale command, select "All" points, I then enter the base point as 0,0,0 and all of the sudden the screen freezes and the "AutoCAD Error Aborting" dialog box pops up. It gives the following message "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x005c Exception at 63cf7f9h".

I have discovered a work around (scaling the points after I have exported them to the ACAD 2000 format), but I was cuirous if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong in Land. Am I just committing a cardinal Land sin by scaling points?

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Manipulate Points in Land Desktop 2006?

You can modify the points using a correlation with much less frustration. I'm not sure how well they will convert though, since Land is designed to work in either Imperial or Metric units and not Architectural.
    One way of doing this may be to export your points to an external file and then in a new drawing, set your correlation values to be 1/12 of 'normal'. Then import the Point file and apply the correlations to X,Y and Z values.
    Mark Hultgren
    Just a Lurker
    http://www.MKW-Ind.com
    Blog
    Socializing??

Login to Give a bone

Sounds like what they must've been using when they designed this latest job we got.

Pipes everywhere, with coordinates and elevations all given to the nearest 1/16 of an inch. And it's an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE to survey.

Login to Give a bone

Try using LandXML. We use that to convert from feet to meters and visa versa. It may work with inches also.

Export the data to a file. There will be conversion options when you import it.
    Jeff Paulsen