Thread: need help with space generation

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default need help with space generation

Hi,
    I’m trying to get a feel for using room tags in order to be able to generate door & window schedules. I want to generate the space in my constructs and apply room tags in views. One problem I’m having is that my spaces, (hatching), aren’t showing up in my view drawing. Yes I saved the construct and re-loaded the xref. So I have to tag them in the constructs. What am I missing? Also, I generated a small bath space and when I go to apply a project based room tag it says “Room” I know I can change it in attributes but wouldn’t think I would need to? Wishing I can adjust tag text size, font, multi-line text, etc. or are we stuck with what we get? The small bath tag overlaps adjoining rooms. The Architecture 2008 Imperial Tutorials book isn’t so great. I do everything click for click and nothing works as it is supposed to.
    Any good literature on space generation, door/window tags?
    Thank You,
    Phil

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: need help with space generation

I'd start by checking the display config settings of space objects in your view file. Then I'd be sure that there aren't any display overrides set up that are turning off the space hatch pattern. You can also try changing the current display config from say low to high. If you still have problems and can post the file, we'll be more that happy to try and help.