Thread: Prevent AutoCAD from prompting for Fonts it does not have access to

Login to Give a bone

Angry Prevent AutoCAD from prompting for Fonts it does not have access to

Hey Augi,
    I have a drawing sent from a client we are using in a set of our own drawings. Everytime I open the drawing it goes thru a series of boxes that pop up and say that a particular font is missing and I just hit cancel. I understand this part. Basically they are using a font I do not have and I just hit cancel over and over until it is done (which it is then substituting another font, which is fine), but my aggravation is that everytime I open this file it will do this! How can I stop it from asking the font questions and skip over and just open like all regular drawings do? I have this problem alot when I receive and use drawings from other people. Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to michael.12445's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Prevent AutoCAD from prompting for Fonts it does not have access to

In the STYLE command, browse through the defined text styles and see which ones are using the font(s) you don't have. Then redefine them using a font you do have, and save the drawing.

When you see those warnings, AutoCAD tries to substitute a font you do have for the one(s) you don't. So when you open the drawing, even though you can probably see the text, its appearance is altered from what the drawing's author intended. By using the STYLE command as above, you're doing the same thing manually, but once you save the drawing with the redefined text styles, you won't get the warnings any more.

Michael Evans
    Togawa Smith Martin Residential, Inc.