Thread: AutoCAD 2008 MText indent lost when opening in AutoCAD 2007

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2008 MText indent lost when opening in AutoCAD 2007

When I create mtext in autocad 2008 I use the left indent feature for my paragraphs, when I open the drawing in autocad 2007 the formatting is lost or completely different than what it was. After I fix it in autocad 2007 it stays ok in both versions of autocad.

Any ideas. I dont know much about the new annotative features, but the properties of the mtext say it is not annotative.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2008 MText indent lost when opening in AutoCAD 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cadter
    When I create mtext in autocad 2008 I use the left indent feature for my paragraphs, when I open the drawing in autocad 2007 the formatting is lost or completely different than what it was. After I fix it in autocad 2007 it stays ok in both versions of autocad.

Any ideas. I dont know much about the new annotative features, but the properties of the mtext say it is not annotative.
    You're right in guessing that it is not an annotative issue. There are some issues with formatting of mtext when working between 2008 and 2007 at my company as well. Typically it's with indents and numbered notes.

This is more likely a bug caused by the improvements made to the mtext command (multiple columns for example) and not annotations. I hope it's fixed by Service Pack 1.

Sorry I don't really have a fix for you, but I thought you might appreciate some more information on it.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, thanks for the response. At least now I know it is not just me. Sometimes I change a setting without realizing the side affects. Thanks for the input. I will keep and eye out for the SP 1 or any other patches on the autodesk website.

Login to Give a bone

People you don't have 2007 on their machines and send a client a 2008 file are probably going to get a surprise when the client tells them how jacked up the text has become.
    Some will get plotted and issued in sets. Some will get saved in house by users using 2007 and cost expensive manhours to fix. Combine this bug with publish crashes, unreconciled layer hassles, weird x-ref scales showing up in the viewport scales leads me to believe this is one bad release. Many others I'm to numb to think of right now. Any idea when a service pack will come out?????

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Cadphreak
    People you don't have 2007 on their machines and send a client a 2008 file are probably going to get a surprise when the client tells them how jacked up the text has become.
    Some will get plotted and issued in sets. Some will get saved in house by users using 2007 and cost expensive manhours to fix. Combine this bug with publish crashes, unreconciled layer hassles, weird x-ref scales showing up in the viewport scales leads me to believe this is one bad release. Many others I'm to numb to think of right now. Any idea when a service pack will come out?????
    It's being beta tested right now...

Login to Give a bone

Looks like Service Pack 1 has fixed this problem I was having. Here is the link for it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240618