See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autodesk making it very hard for education! Does any one have the same problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk making it very hard for education! Does any one have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    Why would Autodesk charge anything for an EDU setup at an established university of college? It makes no sense. They should be paying colleges to install and teach AutoCAD.
    I love your comment. I hope some one with some sense and authority reads it. In my state (Utah) there are 8 school districts that are going away from Autodesk, if you do the math it is a big number of students that will be trained on some other program. Eventually those Students will be in the position to make purchasing decisions and guess what... they will choose what they are familiar and feel comfortable. It is not going to be Autodesk.

Thank you,

Elias

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk making it very hard for education! Does any one have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by eliasvperez
    I love your comment. I hope some one with some sense and authority reads it. In my state (Utah) there are 8 school districts that are going away from Autodesk, if you do the math it is a big number of students that will be trained on some other program. Eventually those Students will be in the position to make purchasing decisions and guess what... they will choose what they are familiar and feel comfortable. It is not going to be Autodesk.

Thank you,

Elias
    I guess by the time the bean counters get through meeting with the shareholders, all logic is lost....
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

They should remember why AutoCAD became number 1 - it was widely pirated in the early days so lots of people were exposed to it who probably wouldn't otherwise.

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Another Cad package thats free in http://www.progecad.com/

Might be worth a look at. But like alot of other pretenders runs out of steam as soon as you need something complicated.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldRi
    It's only free for "personal/non commercial use"

You can get real AutoCAD free for personal/non commercial use also as long as you have a student email address.
    Last edited by rkmcswain; 2007-06-20 at 04:18 PM. Reason: fix quote tags

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eliasvperez
    Hello Thomas, if the price is the same as last year then why I've been asked to pay more than double compared to last year?
    My own company doesn't sell educational software so I can't make a direct statement on the price, but my own thought is that it's the reseller just raising the price. You get several seats and the profit margin has to be good for them... go back and tell them your situation and concern. If it's the reseller doing this then they will likely attempt to work with you on the cost.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldRi View Post

Might be worth a look at. But like alot of other pretenders runs out of steam as soon as you need something complicated.
    when did that become free? i thought it was an intellicad product? but when did it become free?

Login to Give a bone

Doesn't look like it is anymore. However they did offer a free version at the time. See link:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200703232....progecad.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12