See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recover a drawing file when the Recover command fails

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Recover a drawing file when the Recover command fails

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Hi there,
    This is the method I use when the actual drawing file is corrupted. At the very bottom of the "Tools" pull-down menu, click on "Options" This will indicate where the temporary drawing files are store. If you've been using Autosave, then there should be some files with the .sv$ file extension kicking around in this folder.

Next using Explorer I locate an .sv$ file which was created before you started having problems with the drawing file. Rename this to a .dwg file extension, then open it with AutoCAD. Hopeful you will have something usable, that will save you drawing the whole thing from scratch.
    Thank you so much i got recovered my file ....

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Recover a drawing file when the Recover command fails

I have downloaded the DWG true view 2013 software. File didn't open in it.But still I am unable to open the file in the browser, I have also tried to set the permissive mode, but still its not opening in the browser, its get downloaded , then opens in Recovery Toolbox for DWG.You may check its free demo here: Please help me out that how to solve the problem. You can try running a recover. Just type in RECOVER in your command line, it will then ask you to select your file. If that does not work, in your open drawing dialog box, right click on your drawing name, select the properties option, then select the previous options tab. There should be a few versions, highlight the one you want and select the view button, it might take a minute, but a dialog box will show up saying it is a read-only drawing. Select ok, and it will open up the drawing and if it is what you want you can do a save as and overwrite the corrupt file.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123