See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Convert Objects that require Object Enablers to normal AutoCAD entities

Login to Give a bone

Default Convert Objects that require Object Enablers to normal AutoCAD entities

You get one of the dwgs from someone that ACAD says it is searching for Object Enabler(s)... How does one readily take those objects and make them into just plain AutoCAD entities, without DXF the entire dwg? LISP to search and replace? Other methods? Tools to highlight?

Thanks!
    ~Terry

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Convert Objects that require Object Enablers to normal AutoCAD entities

With the object enablers showing the 3rd party objects, you should be able to explode them down to AutoCAD primitives.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Convert Objects that require Object Enablers to normal AutoCAD entities

Well... maybe... but what if an object loads that does not have an enabler per se? i.e.

Loading AecCivilBase...Checking for object enablers on the Autodesk website
    AutoCAD has not found an object enabler on the Autodesk website for ObjectDBX
    Classes
    AutoCAD has not found an object enabler on the Autodesk website for EXAC_ESW
    AutoCAD has not found an object enabler on the Autodesk website for ObjectDBX
    Classes

Also, if you do have objects with enablers in Vanilla AutoCAD... how does one select / highlight just those entities?

Ciao!
    ~Terry

Login to Give a bone

Well, if no enabler is found, then AutoCAD will put in a proxy instead. You can go the the Autodesk website and download the enablers yourself if you routinely get files with AEC objects in them.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Depending on the version of AutoCAD you are running, -ExportToAutocad and_or AecToAcad commands may prove an option...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

This may not be the most sought-after solution, but it worked. Thanks for the tip.

I had a set of proxy objects that I could see in my model when I opened it in 2015 with a Cadworx 2013 object enabler installed. My coworkers couldn't see the proxy objects in 2013. I exploded the proxy's to surfaces and they could be seen in 2013 then...

I would rather have been able to leave the proxy objects as "objects" rather than a unconnected bunch collection of surfaces.