Thread: Civil 3D 2007 - Bad alignment, unable to delete it, can not Audit/Recover DWG

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Civil 3D 2007 - Bad alignment, unable to delete it, can not Audit/Recover DWG

I am working on a site grading plan. I have 15-20 alignments, a corridor, some grading feature lines and 3 surfaces (existing, datum and top). I have found at least one alignment that I THINK is causing a problem. CAD begin running strange and then began "closing unexpectedly". I have disassociated that alignment with everything in the drawing, but when I try to delete, erase or modify it, the program shuts down. I tried to "copy and paste" my corridor into a new drawing (which would leave behind the corrupt alignment) but that, too, causes the program to close. Help. Too late to start over on the entire plan (which is what I will have to do if I can't get rid of this alignment). It is causing problems with other commands also.
    Last edited by CJohnson.140739; 2007-06-06 at 06:22 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2007 - Bad alignment, unable to delete it, can not Audit/Recover DWG

What software (ADT/LDD/?)are you using?
    Let us know and a mod will move this to the best forum.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D 2007 - Bad alignment, unable to delete it, can not Audit/Recover DWG

I am using Civil 3D 2007

Login to Give a bone

Please note- I was forced recently to install 2008 on my computer to work on ONE particular drawing. So...I have 2007 and 2008 installed. A problem??

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CJohnson.140739
    Please note- I was forced recently to install 2008 on my computer to work on ONE particular drawing. So...I have 2007 and 2008 installed. A problem??
    it shouldnt make a difference. i have ADT 2006, 2007 and ACA 2008 installed atm and dont have issues.

for your drawing, are you able to WBLOCK the drawing out instead of copy +paste?

Login to Give a bone

No, I can't. I tried to wblock everything except the alignment(s) that I think are a problem...fatal error. I then tried to wblock the corridor only...fatal error.

Login to Give a bone

Hi "CJohnson.140739"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 3D (2007 and above) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi CJohnson.140739,
    First thing - If you work on a drawing in Civil 3D 2008, you will NOT be able to do anything in '07, you will receive an error that the drawing was created in a future version and all objects are in a proxy state and all C3D commands have been disabled in that drawing.

Now, on to your problem. In your Corridor, do you still have this problem alignment referenced? If so, delete the reference there first, then go to your prospector window and select the Site your alignment is in, open the alignment section by clicking on the + sign and start with your Sample lines. Right click on the Sample Line group in the Panorama pane at the bottom, one by one and delete them first, then delete that Sample Line Group and work your way up the treeto delete your Profiles and the profile view and then you should be able to delete the alignment itself.