See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using fields in a block to display x,y coords

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using fields in a block to display x,y coords

We forwarded our drawings to Autodesk and they have been able to recreate the problem and it looks to be a bug. So now we are in the limbo of how much or a priority they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yancka View Post
    Don't know. I just made a block displaying X,Y coordinates, XATTACHed the file with several blocks to another file and everything was fine. I did this on AutoCAD (vanilla) 2007.

What version are using you? And is the result same if you take 2 clean files, into 1 of them insert few blocks and then reference that file into another one? Could you share your "wrong" files here?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi everyone.

Replying to an old post I know but it's about exactly the topic I'm working on. I'm trying to create a similar block to the pile cap but I also need to be able to rotate the block and have the points correctly report WCS coordinates. Does anyone know if this is possible? I haven't played around with trying to add trigonometric formulas to fields yet. I guess that may be a solution but it's somewhat complicated. Any easy work around?

Cheers,

Phil

Login to Give a bone

Is it possible to have such a field in the paperspace (in a layout...) but referencing an object in the modelspace?
    (my idea is to have a field in a layout that gathers the X coordinate of a point on modelspace ...)

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I've done this with a field in paper space to the area of a polyline in model space so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the X a point as well.

I made the field while in model space so I could select the object target for the field and then used CHspace to move it to paperspace thru a viewport

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

I have created a block to have the coordinates using formulas in fields. In addition to this, i would like to have the third digit after decimal rounded to nearest integer.

Ex: In X = -317.038 and in Y= -2.928, i want those values to be rounded to X=-317.040 & Y= -2.930.

As of now this is the formula i have used as of now. rxof(w2u(20552.8421, 404985.7164, 0.0000)/1000).

Request your help to solve this.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rajesh2910 View Post
    Hi,

I have created a block to have the coordinates using formulas in fields. In addition to this, i would like to have the third digit after decimal rounded to nearest integer.

Ex: In X = -317.038 and in Y= -2.928, i want those values to be rounded to X=-317.040 & Y= -2.930.

As of now this is the formula i have used as of now. rxof(w2u(20552.8421, 404985.7164, 0.0000)/1000).

Request your help to solve this.

Thank you.
    There is a post on this blog: http://blog.jtbworld.com/2005/04/aut...in-fields.html that should help you out.

Other than that, if you want rounding to two decimal places, you can set that in the precision field. If you need to show a trailing zero, then that could be suffixed text. Bit of a hack, but it should look right.

Login to Give a bone

Hi, thank you. I tried that blog, couldnt understand it, so i tried your second suggestion and it did

Thanks, Rajesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123