See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Export ADT drawing to AutoCAD 2007 drawing

Login to Give a bone

Default Export ADT drawing to AutoCAD 2007 drawing

I am trying to explain to a client how to save a drawing without any AEC objects. I am simply wanting a 2D plan for a background, the files they send are 3D. I have tried the flatten command and things get skewed beyond usability (almost looks like a raster to vector conversion) If there are any ADT gurus that might be able to help I would appreciate.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Export ADT drawing to AutoCAD 2007 drawing

Quote Originally Posted by rlh
    I am trying to explain to a client how to save a drawing without any AEC objects. I am simply wanting a 2D plan for a background, the files they send are 3D. I have tried the flatten command and things get skewed beyond usability (almost looks like a raster to vector conversion) If there are any ADT gurus that might be able to help I would appreciate.
    I suggest to save this file as image and then use as background.

I could stop if I wanted to rdaniel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

just have them export to ACAD out of ADT. File - Export to ACAD - select dwg file format. Our office works in ADT and we send out files to consultants using CAD all the time. This method always seems to work for us.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniel
    just have them export to ACAD out of ADT. File - Export to ACAD - select dwg file format. Our office works in ADT and we send out files to consultants using CAD all the time. This method always seems to work for us.
    Same here we tend to export to Acad. Obviously files exported in this way are unable to be turned back into ADT objects.

Another though is that maybe if you installed the object enablers and then use flatten, or explode all proxy objects and then flatten, you may get better results than you are at the moment.

Doesn't help ypou for 2007 but in ACA or Acad 2008 you can insert dwf's as overlays which also work well, although the export to Acad is still my preferred method if you can get the person sending it to do this.