Thread: Override automatic source

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Override automatic source

I am using ADT 2006.

Currently my space style is dictating the Fire Rating for all the doors in my door schedule. I have a condition where a door is in a rated space, but, is an exterior door that does not require a fire rating. I need to know how (if it's possible) to override the automatic source in a Door Schedule or Property Set.

Can anyone help me?

I could stop if I wanted to rdaniel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Override automatic source

Yes it is. To do so, you will actually have to delete the column (at least in ADT 2006) and create a new one as you can not modify the source. Select the schedule, right click and select edit schedule table style from the shortcut menu. Click on the columns tab. When you click the Add Column button, it will allow you to select the property set that you want to schedule.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Override automatic source

Quote Originally Posted by kellee_g
    I am using ADT 2006.

Currently my space style is dictating the Fire Rating for all the doors in my door schedule. I have a condition where a door is in a rated space, but, is an exterior door that does not require a fire rating. I need to know how (if it's possible) to override the automatic source in a Door Schedule or Property Set.

Can anyone help me?
    Yes, it is possible. In addition to the property your door is getting from the Space (a Location property, I presume), you will need to add two additional properties to a Property Set attached to your Doors. One will be a manual property to act as the override, to which you will assign a default value. For example, if you are expressing your Fire Rating as an integer representing the rating in minutes, then a good default value would be 0. If you are expressing your Fire Rating as a string (text), then a good default value would be a null or empty string. The other property will be a formula property, and it will be this property that you show in your schedule. The formula property will test the value in the manual override property. If the value is the default value, then the formula property will pass through the Fire Rating given by the location property, from the Space. If not, the formula property will pass through the value in the manual override property.

You can find examples of override properties in the links in the following blog articles, as well as an in-depth discussion of the use of the If Then Else statement in formula properties. If you need more help, set up a sample file that has your current Property Sets, Schedule Table Style and a sample space or two with some doors, ZIP it up and attach it to a reply here, and someone here will be able to give you more specific advice.

Overriding A Property Value Using A Formula
    Structure/Flow in Formula Properties: If/Then/ElseIf/Else Construct
    Another Formula Property Override Example