Thread: Dynamic Attribute Move and Orientation

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Attribute Move and Orientation

Hello AUGI Members,

Some time ago Chris helped me setup the attached beam DB to stretch and cut back the ends automatically when placed on a drawing. I am trying to accomplish a few things and have run into trouble with the "parameters" and "actions":

1) The BTAG attribute should always move when the beam is stretched so it would always be at the midpoint of the beam.

2) The BTAG attribute should be scaled to match the drawing scale factor relative to other text on the drawing.

3) If the beam is placed in such a way that the BTAG attribute is upside down....Is there a "parameter" and/or "action" that would flip and rotate the attribute to the other side of the beam so it will read correctly....??

Is this possible....??....If it is I would greatly appreciate if someone could provide a little assistance so I could hopefully get this DB to function properly.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation...!

Regards,
    Vince
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to rdaniel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Attribute Move and Orientation

Quote Originally Posted by vferrara
    1) The BTAG attribute should always move when the beam is stretched so it would always be at the midpoint of the beam.
    Assign a move action to your linear parameter and select your tag. Then give the move action a multiplier of 0.5 so that the text will move have the distance of the stretch and stay centered.

2) The BTAG attribute should be scaled to match the drawing scale factor relative to other text on the drawing.
    I've never tried this one without scaling the whole block based on the dwg's annotation scale. Anybody else know how to do this?

3) If the beam is placed in such a way that the BTAG attribute is upside down....Is there a "parameter" and/or "action" that would flip and rotate the attribute to the other side of the beam so it will read correctly....??
    I don't know that you can lock the attribute so that it will always read right-side up. You could however set-up a flip parameter and action to flip the beam about its center line - that way the tag always stays in the same place.

Btw, if you only want your objects to stretch linearly, then use a linear parameter and not a polar.

Hope all of that wasn't too confusing and maybe helped you out.

Login to Give a bone

Try this, for some reason when you flip the att it reads upside down but when i create them on my comp they read the correct way. So i had to add a couple flips in to make it read correctly

Login to Give a bone

See this example for the scaling

btw sorry its metric (i hate imperial scales lol)
    Last edited by Mr Cory; 2007-06-14 at 02:56 AM.