View Poll Results: How important is adding revision clouds to schedules?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Critical-a must-have

36 78.26%
  • Not important

10 21.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: clouding schedules

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: clouding schedules

Yup... That was the basis of my wanting some sort of a trach changes dialogue. Revit needs a way of letting us know whever everything has changed, otherwise using a 3D database of intelligent model to produce a set of 2D documents is still somewhere in the middle of driving a hovercraft and riding a horse...

Login to Give a bone

Echo you can change the sort order of your schedule by going to the revision schedule in the titleblock family and make the desired changes in the Sorting/Grouping tab.

Aaron, I agree about the tag issue and it irritates me too Yep, the clouds are view specific. If you duplicate a view with detailing and the revisions were checked as "Issued", you'd have to uncheck and delete the clouds if you don't want them (or adjust the visibility). I wish you could manipulate the visibility of a particular revision per view rather than the whole project.

I truly believe that the way Revit handles Revisions does not reflect what the industry needs. I just went through a ton of revisions due to cost reductions, but in order to issue 8 1/2" x 11" or 11" x 17" sheets, we butchered the original set. If we used RAC2008, by using Dependent views, we could have made the process better. But now, if we want to re-plot an updated set to show all changes clouded and tagged....well....that's not possible unless we spend weeks trying to incorporate those changes back to the original sheets. Revisions need to work differently; we literally need to set up a special sheet within a sheet. Basically, we need dependent views of sheets. That would solve the problem, because you still work on the sheet views, cloud in either the view or the sheet, then you create a "dependent sheet view", crop it and place it on any titleblock you need.

I like the idea of tracking changes. On the topic of schedules, you can actually copy & paste a schedule without duplicating (didn't know that). But if you break it up to fit on a smaller sheet, the original schedule on the main document sheet will also break up. They seem to behave like dependent views.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2007-06-19 at 03:30 AM. Reason: wrong name referenced

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

The thread has gotten a bit off track.... (although the other points brought to light are very
    relevant as well..)

So--back to the initial issue--we need the ability to cloud schedules--not
    "in paper space" on the sheet!!!

Revit needs a better way to handle this, at a minimum. Then also the other
    items which have been brought up.

Cheers........

I could stop if I wanted to david.metcalf's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

And to get back off track. : )

We need to be able to rotate the revision schedule to be along the vertical edge of teh sheet when rolled up. To verify the version of the print by the Revision date.
    Good day all!

Login to Give a bone

Please post a SR about the schedule rotation issue....I just did myself two weeks ago. If you rotate a titleblock, the rev. sched. jumps out of it's location and doesn't rotate. EDIT: This has been fixed as of Revit 2010.
    Last edited by dbaldacchino; 2010-03-30 at 02:47 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Clouding in the sheets is scary and next to impossible...did anyone find a proper workaround?
    We are trying to add a text parameter and track the revisions in that column. (1.1 = Revision 1 in column 1 of the sched; 1.3 = revision 1 in column 3; 1.5,6,7 = revision 1 in columns 5,6,7; 2.4 = revision 2 in column 4; etc.)
    Any thoughts?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: clouding schedules

One way to keep clouds and rev. triangles from "moving" on the sheets/over views
    is to pin the view and the clouds/triangles--this way you at least get a warning
    that you "cannot move pinned objects", etc........

This is what I've been doing for now.

But we still need the basic ability to cloud schedules.

Cheers......

Login to Give a bone

I really like the idea of having a sheet dependant view as David mentioned!! Has this been added to wishlist? Would this solve the issue of not being able to scale a "viewport" on a 8X11 or 11X17 sketch titleblock?

This does need some work!
    JB

Login to Give a bone

Pretty sure there's nothing new on this topic, but I thought I'd bump it just in case.

We just had a building official complain to us about this exact issue. We changed several (actually a lot of) items in our Opening Schedule and the official is complaining that they can't tell what changed. We added a (AD#3) in the comment field (manually, of course) so they could at least see which lines have changed, but they want us to tell them exactly which field changed. Specifically, he wants to know it the Fire Rating is different.
    As several people mentioned above, we could put a Revision Cloud on the sheet but that's not only labor-intensive and prone to error, but will actually be wrong if the number of lines change.
    As of the Subscription Advantage Pack, we can color-code the field in the Schedule View, but that's not going to help when we print it for the Code official.

I doubt that there's a fix yet, but it the Factory is listening, this is still an issue. And, now that I'm having a problem with it, it should be a top priority!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: clouding schedules

Yes. Glad this has been bumped back to the surface.
    This thread was started in 2007----here we are 3 years later, with RAC 2011 right around the corner.

Placing Revision Clouds directly on a Schedule is a must-have, because of the LIABILITY
    that can be caused when the clouds are placed on the Sheet and then the View gets moved
    by mistake. A typical human error--which is exactly what Revit is supposed to help us avoid!
    Maybe we'll see this as a new feature in RAC 2011?

I'm not holding my breath..........

I wish there was a better way to get critical issues like this one heard and solved by the Factory. Very frustrating, indeed.

cheers................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast