Thread: AutoCAD 2007 generating PLT files from sheet sets

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy AutoCAD 2007 generating PLT files from sheet sets

Some of our clients require PLT files. Using sheet sets, it is easy to generate one large PDF file of all the sheets. However, producing PLT files is not consistent. Obviously, each sheet makes a separate file, but sometimes all the sheets are plotted to individual files, while other times, only the first one is plotted. In both cases, the plot appears to have completed without errors, including listing the individual files for each plotted sheet. Has anyone had similar problems? Has anyone found a solution? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 generating PLT files from sheet sets

Quote Originally Posted by stevee.129391
    Some of our clients require PLT files. Using sheet sets, it is easy to generate one large PDF file of all the sheets. However, producing PLT files is not consistent. Obviously, each sheet makes a separate file, but sometimes all the sheets are plotted to individual files, while other times, only the first one is plotted. In both cases, the plot appears to have completed without errors, including listing the individual files for each plotted sheet. Has anyone had similar problems? Has anyone found a solution? Thanks.
    Typically a multisheet PLT file is created when the system variable PUBLISHCOLLATE is set to one. That would explain why it happens on some computers and not others.

If it only plots the first sheet and then stops, that seems to be fixed when you set the BACKGROUNDPLOT variable to 0. At least that's what works for me.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks. I failed to mention I am using 2007, which does not have that option.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stevee.129391
    Thanks. I failed to mention I am using 2007, which does not have that option.
    You should have the "Backgroundplot" system variable, that's been around since 2006. If it only plots the first PLT file and then doesn't plot the others, it's usually that setting that is mucking things up.