See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Let us know if a tip helped you!

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Let us know if a tip helped you!

All, a suggestion came to me that if a suggestion on the forum helps you resolve an issue, please let us all know. It would be a great way for everyone to 'pocket a tip' they know worked. Besides, everybody likes a little 'thank you' now and then!

Thanks everyone!
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Let us know if a tip helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.landeros View Post
    All, a suggestion came to me that if a suggestion on the forum helps you resolve an issue, please let us all know. It would be a great way for everyone to 'pocket a tip' they know worked. Besides, everybody likes a little 'thank you' now and then!

Thanks everyone!
    Actually this is not a real suggestion.
    I have no much experience using Inventor. However, I have been to this sub-forum for a long time and what I have seen here is very quiet comaring to other sub-forums. The threads which people posted here are rarely to get responses from the members.
    For example, I rose some simple questions here recently but almost received no answers or the answers doesn't really give help.
    Could anything possibly be done?
    I am afraid that members who use Inventor may turn to somewhere else.
    Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Let us know if a tip helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by BeKirra View Post
    Actually this is not a real suggestion.
    I have no much experience using Inventor. However, I have been to this sub-forum for a long time and what I have seen here is very quiet comaring to other sub-forums. The threads which people posted here are rarely to get responses from the members.
    For example, I rose some simple questions here recently but almost received no answers or the answers doesn't really give help.
    Could anything possibly be done?
    I am afraid that members who use Inventor may turn to somewhere else.
    Thanks.
    If the members aren't helping the other members, then those same members might leave? Unfortunately, with a volunteer organization like AUGI, it is basically up to those members to take initiative to devote their time in an area where they feel passion, whether it's answering questions, or sparking interesting conversations or sharing good resources that draw in more people.
    I'll admit to 'trolling' other forums to link them to the augi forums I frequent (like the Facilities Management - in practice forum, or the cad management forums), in an attempt to consolidate the resources (I've done it on myspace, facebook, yahoo questions, tech republic, adesk dg and some FM-specific forums).

Of course, as those who administer online communities can tell you, 90% of people consume information on forums, without creating any content. 9% contribute a little, and 1% contribute the vast majority.
    Being as manufacturing folks are just 7% of AUGI membership, and have a higher than average age, those users who do take the initiative to help out are even more important than in other disciplines with a larger userbase (those involved users probably become forum moderators and end up encouraging others to take initiative and become more involved for the mutual good of the community).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost