Thread: Image Management question

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Image Management question

I want to know what you are doing to manage the display of multiple images. We have close to 1,000 images that cover the entire county and want an easier way to insert them and turn them on and off. They are all in different folders and I do not want to browse to them to create the image frame. Any suggestions please,

Jim

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Image Management question

Are the images georeferenced? If they are, do a Map point query that will bring up the image (s) under that point. You could also attach all the images as unloaded and do a query to place each image on a layer by its filename. Good luck,
    TC

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Not quite sure what the map point query would do for me. What I would like to do is take the results from a windows explorer search and drag them into the Map explorer window, but doesn't work. Yes what I was hoping for was to have them all into the DWG and just turned off. Can you imagine what 1,000 images would do if they were all turned on. In the meantime, I have mosaicked each section image into one TWP image, so the file size has gone from over 3GB in TIF to about 350MB ECW. That works for me and I can handle just 20 images.

Jim

Login to Give a bone

Jim,

I don't know what version you are using but if you have R2008 or 2007 you might want to try using the raster providers from the FDO (Data Connect) side. You could connect to each image and either make each one it's own MAP layer or combine them all into one Map layer and use the display manager to control visibility of them and the query to view command.