See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Batch Layer change?

Login to Give a bone

Default Batch Layer change?

is there anyway to select a number of files and change the properties (color) of a layer that is xrefed in those files?

i have a number of plot sheets set up the way i want them, but it has been requested that a few layers change to a lighter setting. i know i can go into each file and set them up but there are 30+ sheets i would have to change this in, and it not high on my list of fun things to do.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Batch Layer change?

Do you have any of the layers modified in you xrefs in your plot sheets?
    If not, and your xref bases are the way you want them, you could have your visretain set to 0, save your dwg, reload your xrefs, set visretain back to 1 and save the dwg.

Maybe through a lisp routine.
    Code:
    (defun c:xrl ()
    (setvar "visretain" 0)
    (command "_qsave")
    (command "-xref" "reload" "*")
    (setvar "visretain" 1)
    (command "_qsave")
    )
    didn't test it, but I think it would work

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Batch Layer change?

Please forgive my resurecting and hijacking, but how would I do the same for an xreffed xref.

Explaination:
    Aplan.dwg is xreffed into Eplan.dwg, which is then xreffed into a Eplotsheet.dwg. In Eplan, a layer called Aplan|stuff is frozen. Eplotsheet wants to grab the state from Aplan, but I would prefer it grab the state from Eplan. Can I grab the layer states from the Eplan without disturbing the Aplan?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by danjessberger View Post
    Please forgive my resurecting and hijacking, but how would I do the same for an xreffed xref.

Explaination:
    Aplan.dwg is xreffed into Eplan.dwg, which is then xreffed into a Eplotsheet.dwg. In Eplan, a layer called Aplan|stuff is frozen. Eplotsheet wants to grab the state from Aplan, but I would prefer it grab the state from Eplan. Can I grab the layer states from the Eplan without disturbing the Aplan?
    Errr.... not sure.
    I think drawings being xreffed are all treated the same whether they're attached two drawings deep or right from the source.

So even though you like the way Aplan looks in Eplan, when xreffed into Eplotsheet, it sees each seperately from theyr'e source.

You could modify "Aplan" the way you want to see it and save it. Then while in Eplotsheet set visretain to 0, and reload only Aplan and it should come through how you just saved it. Then don't forget to set visretain back to 1. (I think this would work)

Login to Give a bone

I'd prefer not touch Aplan because it's constantly being overwritten by the Architect, but I didn't have high hopes for this one. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

Login to Give a bone

Create and export a layer state with EPlan.dwg. Import said layer state into EPlotSheet.dwg. Adjust the restore settings in the Layer State Manager to your desired settings prior to restoring the layer settings.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt