Thread: Sanitary Outlet

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Sanitary Outlet

Is this used only for the plumbing tutorial, or is it something that needs to be connected to all systems? Can it be modified? I have a single story building and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to use this to show where the sewer is leaving the building and just connect my fixtures to it. Thanks for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sanitary Outlet

I have had the same question. Since we cannot attach to the connectors on fixtures in a linked file I have used this outlet several times. And yes, it can be modified. I cannot explain how, I had someone else in my office, a much younger guy with a much more supple mind, do that for me. He has a much better understanding of families. I had him create vertical versions so I could start systems in the vertical, like vent lines or hot or cold water down into walls or chases. With this approach I can do thing the way we have in the past, not try to show ALL the water piping in a wall or chase, until I and the plumbing portion of the software get more user friendly. In other words, I am working toward work arounds to get construction drawings out the door. Although our company has made a commitment to Revit and BIM, for now, most of our deliverables are construction drawings. Obviously, mine and the minds of others must be transformed to a new way of working toward the required end product. In case you haven't notice, I am a bit frustrated. I so want to make the transition to the BIM world, unfortunately, the plumbing world has not in the past embraced much of the 3D technology therefore the software developers have not concentrated on making plumbing work easily in the third dimension. Enough for now. IF ANYONE HAS COMPLETED A PLUMBING PROJECT IN REVIT, WITH CONNECTED FIXTURE OR THROUGH A WORK AROUND, I NEED TO TALK WITH YOU. I am being pushed to get a Revit project done. I am struggling. HELP! You can contact me directly. I need to see how someone else has gotten there. We as a company pay a lot of money for tech support but, I need to see a real world, completed project. If I could disect it I believe I could move forward.

Here's to a Happier, Healthier, more Prosperous Life!
    sernspiker@luckett-farley.com
    502 585-4181