Thread: No icons on tool palettes

Login to Give a bone

Default No icons on tool palettes

AutoCAD 2007
    I have created several tool palettes arranged in groups. Now I want to share them with all our users. I created a tool palette.arg to make it easy. I tried importing this arg on one station to see how it worked, and the imported tool palettes are all grouped and working as intended. The problem: no icons on the palettes. I have the text (block names, etc.) as expected, but just blank boxes where the icons should be. Why isn't AutoCAD finding the icons if it can find the files for the palettes? Is there another path I need to add in options?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: No icons on tool palettes

Quote Originally Posted by gadjet
    AutoCAD 2007
    I have created several tool palettes arranged in groups. Now I want to share them with all our users. I created a tool palette.arg to make it easy. I tried importing this arg on one station to see how it worked, and the imported tool palettes are all grouped and working as intended. The problem: no icons on the palettes. I have the text (block names, etc.) as expected, but just blank boxes where the icons should be. Why isn't AutoCAD finding the icons if it can find the files for the palettes? Is there another path I need to add in options?
    did you add the path to the tool pallette location? the icons are stored in a folder in the tool pallette path, if you created custom ones, they must also be accessible by the computer using them. We put the whole folder on the network and just path to it, but we also dont use groups, I created a separate palette for each "group" of blocks

Login to Give a bone

That was my first thought, too. I checked that the correct path had been set by the imported .arg and it is okay. Since the all the groups and palettes are there (and work), and since the path is exactly what was set on my computer, I don't know why AutoCAD isn't finding the .PNG files and showing the icons. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

I could stop if I wanted to rdaniel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Just refresh the palettes. You can also right click on the dark grey bar on the tool palette and click refresh palette set. The icons usually show up when I do this.

Btw, I don't use groups either, just categories (sets). It's been so long since I set them up, but I think there was a reason for this.

I could stop if I wanted to artisteroi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by gadjet
    AutoCAD 2007
    reference the mnr file. it will cause these problems. but I don't know how to fix it, sorry

Login to Give a bone

Palette groups are saved in the fixed profile (AWS) file. To make this work smoothly ensure the profile that you used to create the palettes exists on the other machines, then copy the fixed profile to each of those machines. If you open the fixed profile in a text editor you'll see the inbedded palette info.