Thread: Label profile elev's along major stations?

Login to Give a bone

Default Label profile elev's along major stations?

Hello there. You guys have been a huge help in the past, and once again I'm racking my brain trying to find a solution to something, so I figured I better ask you guys.

I have a road that has an alignment, profile, and a corridor. I'm trying to show the elevations from the profile under my 100-foot station labels IN MY PLAN VIEW, along the alignment. Not in the profile view.

What I decided to do is, under Settings\Alignment\Label Styles\Station\Major Station, I added a label style called "CL-ELEV". In that style I created a reference text (referencing profile), and for contents I entered "profile elevation". When I do that all I get is "???" every 100 feet along my alignment. So I figured the alignment doesn't know which profile to reference. So I right-clicked on the alignment, and selected Edit Alignment Labels for that particular alignment.

That dialogue box is shown below. Under Major Stations, I have selected the "CL-ELEV" label style. On the right-hand side, there's a column called Profile. I would assume I could click on that and select the profile I want to reference. Nope. I click on it and nothing happens. No pull-down. So at this point, I'm lost. Any ideas? Is this the right way to do this? Am I going about this all wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Label profile elev's along major stations?

xStat21X,
    You should be able to select the pabels themselves and in the properties dialog (if you have SP1 installed), change the profile to the correct one. The select similar may even work for selecting these labels too, not positive it will filter just that label style though.