Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DBs & Annotative Scaling

Login to Give a bone

Default DBs & Annotative Scaling

there have been some noted issues with DB's and annotative scaling. in another thread, steve bennet has posted the reply he got from autodesk regarding some of these issues as they relate to ootb documentation objects which seem to share alot of the same problems.

just a heads up if you havent seen it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DBs & Annotative Scaling

Quote Originally Posted by .chad
    there have been some noted issues with DB's and annotative scaling. in another thread, steve bennet has posted the reply he got from autodesk regarding some of these issues as they relate to ootb documentation objects which seem to share alot of the same problems.

just a heads up if you havent seen it.
    yeah, i've not touched 2008 because of WAY TOO MANY bugs with all this new carp and how they do NOT play nice with DB's.

try creating a table from a DB, or use m-l attributes in a DB....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

i didnt have too many problems with tables - assuming you meant attribute extraction. if there is another way im clueless to it. multi line attributes on the other hand... yeesh.

Login to Give a bone

i didnt have too many problems with tables - assuming you meant attribute extraction. if there is another way im clueless to it. multi line attributes on the other hand... yeesh.
    i have room and door tags that have the schedule information within invisible attributes. they also have dynamic properties. i'd say that most of the cells don't populate.

as soon as you remove all dynamic properties, the tables populate like a dream....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    i have room and door tags that have the schedule information within invisible attributes. they also have dynamic properties. i'd say that most of the cells don't populate.

as soon as you remove all dynamic properties, the tables populate like a dream....
    what kind of dynamic properties? mine just had visibilty states and they work fine. /shrug

Login to Give a bone

what kind of dynamic properties? mine just had visibilty states and they work fine. /shrug
    adjustable underscore (all states) and room tag leaders (vis state).

i have a rotate grip on the door, and adjustable oval (lookup w/ scale).

what kind of tag is yours that works fine? how many entries are there? did you load a hotfix, or still using original release? how about vanilla cad, or are you using a vertical app?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I'm having a problem with a DB and annotative text. If I insert my Room DB into a file, it scales correctly with no problems whatsoever when I change the annotation scale. HOWEVER, when I do an insert of the same block when it's already in the file, it appears the text is scaling almost 16x larger than what is set with the text style.
    Is this one of them bugs in 08?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by -Brian-; 2007-08-14 at 07:40 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by -Brian-
    I'm having a problem with a DB and annotative text. If I insert my Room DB into a file, it scales correctly with no problems whatsoever when I change the annotation scale. HOWEVER, when I do an insert of the same block when it's already in the file, it appears the text is scaling almost 16x larger than what is set with the text style.
    Is this one of them bugs in 08?
    i personally have no idea, but would assume so. i take it you don't want to copy them around after insertion?
    (sorry, not running 2008 for too many reasons, so i haven't checked your file, not that i'd know what to do anyway)
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

That's what we're having to do. But it's just frustrating that these kind of things popup when we're trying to redo our standards.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by -Brian-
    That's what we're having to do. But it's just frustrating that these kind of things popup when we're trying to redo our standards.
    when we got the new release, i went and tested all the features for compatibility, found the bugs, decided that the previous release was better for how we're set up till they fix the program.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast