See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto increment numbers

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Auto increment numbers

Quote Originally Posted by zoomharis View Post
    Hi Bren,
    Sorry for being late. It took too much time for digging . Put this macro in a button. I think this makes up the auto numbering problem in LT.

Set the USERI1 system variable to arrange the Starting number. The starting number will always be USERI1+1.

Hope that helps.
    sir where can i edit the USERI1. do you have a step by step procedure or a tutorial of your solution for the auto-increment of numbers? sorry for the inconvenience for i am only a novice in AtoCad. i just need it for i need it in my work so that i dont have to create and edit manually each number. it will help me save time. thanks. hope you could help me.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rjjose200513465221512 View Post
    sir where can i edit the USERI1. do you have a step by step procedure or a tutorial of your solution for the auto-increment of numbers? sorry for the inconvenience for i am only a novice in AtoCad. i just need it for i need it in my work so that i dont have to create and edit manually each number. it will help me save time. thanks. hope you could help me.
    Hi, welcome.
    Type -

setvar USERI1 your start number

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

*^c^c_text;\;;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERR1),$(getvar,USERR2));setvar;USERR1;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERR1),$(getvar,USERR2));

Login to Give a bone

how could one adapt this to auto-increment a block attribute? I'm dying for something like this... the city where I live needs numbered parking spaces and as the design changes you often lose/gain a space and have to renumber from that space forwards - in some buildings it's 100+ spaces. if I could set a start number and just go click-click-click to bump them all up by one, I'd be in heaven... my parking block has a space with a coule of toggles and an attribute called "NUMBER" for the parking space number

EDIT: I'm using autocad architecture 2012

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Since you are using a vertical and not AutoCAD LT you need to be looking in the Programming Forums for Lisp's or other programmatic options.
    There may be a solution there for you.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

My managers have decided some of our seats only need LT, so I've lost my express tools and a fair few other bits I would imagine...

I've managed to use the code posted previously to insert text and increment it. Which is nice except my text is already there in most of our dwg templates etc, and really just needs updating....

I've learnt so far that from:
    Code:
    *^c^c_text;\;;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERR1),$(getvar,USERR2));setvar;USERR1;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERR1),$(getvar,USERR2));
    * = repeat until "ESC".
    ^c^c = cancel any existing commands.
    getvar,USERRx = get previously stored variable from the location USERR1 or USERR2

..and I could really do with some verbose explanation of the other characters if any of you nice people could spare me some time.
    I'm looking to maybe modify it to overwrite the existing value, rather that create from scratch.
    Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12