Thread: QLeader default arrow style - closed-filled, problem appears when swapped in and out

Login to Give a bone

Default QLeader default arrow style - closed-filled, problem appears when swapped in and out

Discovered a problem with qleader in AutoCad LT (04). The default arrow style is closed-filled. Everything works fine until you change the style. If I then try to reset the style to closed-filled, it doesn't work; the arrow will be drawn in the previously selected style and when you go back into settings that previous style is shown. If you pick other styles, the program works normally. The problem seems to be with the closed-filled style only.

Once a qleader has been placed (in some other style), it's properties can be changed to a closed-filled style.

What is going on?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: QLeader default arrow style - closed-filled, problem appears when swapped in and out

Hi

Please note I've *moved* this Topic (Thread) from the AutoCAD General Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: QLeader default arrow style - closed-filled, problem appears when swapped in and out

Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS45243 - Cannot set QLEADER arrowhead back to Closed Filled in the Leader Settings dialog box

+

The below comes from an AutoCAD 2004 review -

<snip>
    Existing bugs (some might be considered as being as designed or something else).

The command QLEADER has a problem if to try to switch from closed filled arrowhead to something else and then back to closed filled again. At this point closed filled is not used.
    </snip>

The below comes from an AutoCAD 2005 review -

<snip>
    The command QLEADER has a problem if to try to switch from closed filled arrowhead to something else and then back to closed filled again. At this point closed filled is not used. Workaround is to run the DIMSTYLE command, press modify and change the leader arrow in the Lines and Arrows tab.
    </snip>

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2004-08-06 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Snippets added

I could stop if I wanted to Beth Powell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This may be a known issue, but basically as I understand it the reason is that when you first change your arrow to something else, then you create an dimstyle override. You can only create one override.

I would get around this by creating different dimstyles and choosing your leader arrow in each one.