Thread: Project Details

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Project Details

I am having trouble with the project navigator. If i go the the modify project data inside the project browser it will not let me save anything inside it.

I am not sure if it is because i am running my files though a Netgear Storage device and ACA 2008 does not like this mapped drive or what the stoy is. When i was running ADT 2007 this worked fine.

has anyone got any idea of what could be wrong

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project Details

First dumb thought, you have rights to the file correct? You didn't by chance do something like take it off a server, copy it to a local drive and then try to modify it did ya? My only thought there is that it may not want to modify the project data as it might not be able to see all the project data that was there in the past. Hence it may not let you right to it. I've had issues with not being able to modify the sheet set because someone else was in it. I've also seen it where PN dosen't let you modify anything because it got confused and thinks someone else is in it. In that case you simply need to make sure that eveyone gets out of ACA and closes out and re-starts every night.
    I hope this helps. If you can give a little further explaination, we may be able to provide addl info.

Login to Give a bone

All rights to the files are ok as I have no restrictions on any of my computers.

I have been having alot of problems with my computers lately and have had to copy files backwards and forwards through my computers. I have noticed that when i open the project it is still asking me to repath the project from through one of my old networks, so i hit yes to repath the prioject and it loads the new project, nut when i exist out of that project it askes for it to be repathed again.

Would this be the cause of me not being able to save the project and not correctly repath to my new drive.

Login to Give a bone

That sounds like the sim problem. PN dosen't like to be just "transfered" from one place to another. From what it sounds like, it's trying to figure out where everything went. So it want's to re-path a bunch of stuff and then starts to get confused.
    I thought they put out a service pack installed. Do you know if you have all service packs installed for the version you are running? Just another thought.

Login to Give a bone

I have not checked for service packs as yet. I have just had my big computer in getting serviced so i will have a look soon at what service packs i have thank-you I will keep you informed.

I have a project open on the laptop at the moment where the whole project is just referenced through its local drive. So I am just checking if it saves the info now.

Yeah I was able to add all the data then and it saved, so like you say it seems to be at this stage only on the existing files that i have moved around.

Once I have my storage device up and running later today I will create a new project from there and see what it does.

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

i think I have this working ok now.

Before I open an old project that has been moved I have to make sure that things like the template files are referencing the correct location and then it is able to repath, and it seems to be working and saving the info on most projects.

Some I need to do it a coulpl of time and then also go through the project and manually repath the items so that everthing is referencing from the right location then it seems to work fine.

A wee bit frustrating as this takes time

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Project Details

I would recommend removing the external hard drive, . It sounds like you are using the external hard drive a server, which it is not. Use it as a back device only.

Try moving the project to the local hard drive and see if you have the same problems.