Thread: bleachers

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question bleachers

I am demoing existing bleachers and installing new ones.

The upper lever of the new bleacher will be permanent. The lower level will be retractable. The structure will be steel with fixed seats (at upper permanent level). I do not want to get bogged down (though i may need to) in the spiderweb of structure and crossbracing. I want to make a shape in section (profile) of the bleachers and extrude it, I THINK. Does that make sense? a family made from a profile?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: bleachers

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is something I created a while ago. It is made up of generic model extrusions with some detail linework to embelish the section view. They were then nested together to create the overall family. The center sections are created using a nested array and flex as the bleacher height increases.

In plan, the dashed linework shows the extents of the bleachers if they were fully extended. This is driven by some formulas related to the height of the bleachers.

I have also added preliminary seating count calculations that are driven by the length and height of the bleachers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: bleachers

thanks man, appreciate the help.....when i get a better handle on this i'll return the favor i hope....been using for a little while trying to get a handle on creating families

thanks again