Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d star

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3d star

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Couldn't you simply start with a mass elelment, split the face and simply pull the point of the start out? Or start with 1/5 of the star, and work that way, then copy, rotate, attach and union?
    Just a thought. Then you could copy that about 4 times, rotate each, union and end up with RK's Picture? again, Just a thought.
    I'm not a mass element guru such as yourself! I like your way better, if I only knew how to do it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    I'm not a mass element guru such as yourself! I like your way better, if I only knew how to do it.
    It's easy. Took me about 3 min total (only because I had to remember what I was doing). You start with the profile of the star. Split off one leg. Turn it into a mass element. Then you simply use the split face command from the right click options. When you select the mass again you should see a bunch of grips. You can push & pull these in just about any direction you want. When strecthing them, by pressing the contol key you can get a bunch of differnt functions. By pressing the tab key you can flip thru all the points on the mass. These things are just so much fun to play with.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    It's easy. Took me about 3 min total (only because I had to remember what I was doing). You start with the profile of the star. Split off one leg. Turn it into a mass element. Then you simply use the split face command from the right click options. When you select the mass again you should see a bunch of grips. You can push & pull these in just about any direction you want. When strecthing them, by pressing the contol key you can get a bunch of differnt functions. By pressing the tab key you can flip thru all the points on the mass. These things are just so much fun to play with.
    Ahh, thanks for the tip Mr. P.

All AUGI, all the time arshiel88's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Now, create this one....
    This is not to scale, just an approximation, but I think this is close to the subject.
    This is made by 3d faces and meeting the points by stretching as needed. Correct me if my understanding of the object is wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12