Thread: Rendering in ADT 2008

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Rendering in ADT 2008

Hei I am an architect and I use Autodesk architecture 2008, but I got a problem with render.
    There is a function that I use it very often in 2006 version( Landscape ) to use this function I can create people or trees in my drawing (for render), but I can not find it again in 2008 version!
    Wondering if any body got same problem or any boy knows about it?

thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rendering in ADT 2008

My guess is that function is particular to Landscape. You can insert RCP's into your file for trees and people, or you can still run Accurender over the top and use it's function for your render. Just some thoughts.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wenyanwei View Post
    Hei I am an architect and I use Autodesk architecture 2008, but I got a problem with render.
    There is a function that I use it very often in 2006 version( Landscape ) to use this function I can create people or trees in my drawing (for render), but I can not find it again in 2008 version!
    Wondering if any body got same problem or any boy knows about it?

thanks
    The landscape object feature in the old AutoCAD rendering engine was dropped with the introduction of the new rendering engine in 2007. As David Peterson mentioned, RCPs would be a potential substitute.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You are able to use the old landscaping objects from your pre 2007 files. They wouldn't display in 07, but they do work in 08 or 09. You just have no tools to create them.

Also you need to know that the Mental Ray renderer is a lot more fussy about your tree maps. They have to be cut real clean to work. I think one of my main problems is that the jpg comression will approximate colours and black (which means cut out the background) becomes almost black and no longer works correctly in 08/9.

So.. go grab your old files (make sure you have the maps in the search path) or even fire up the old version and create your landscape objects, and bring them across.

I intend to post an article on this on my blog so keep watching with some more great tips about this subject specifically.
    Nathan
    www.ausaca.blogspot.com