Thread: Spanish Casita

Login to Give a bone

Default Spanish Casita

This is my work in progress Spanish house. I was given a level one floor plan, a roughly sketched roof plan, and a south elevation. All i have to do is create most of the structural documents like building sections, wall sections, and detail sections. Also an electrical plan with legend, site plan with annotations, foundation plan, and the rest of the elevations Please give me some suggestions so I can make it better. Thanks, Austin Gentry

In the 3d section view I am having problems with the wall joining to the roof and the other walls are interfering.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by austintg; 2007-10-13 at 06:30 AM.

I could stop if I wanted to Merlin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Spanish Casita

Hi,

Not sure I completely understand your problem but from what I've see of the pics, you've made a good start on things. But the first tip I would give to you is:

- model it as you would build it.

By that I mean look at where the wall would and would not join structure etc. and draw them as they would be built. E.G the Internal walls would probably not be going up to the underside of the roof - so draw the at the height they'd stop ( maybe into a celing void? -then draw the ceiling )

Secondly I'm not sure if your selection of walls is appropriate for the construction you're doing - the internals seem to be a multi-coposite type like a brick veneer with framing while the external walls seem to be made of just the core. Here I'd suggest you play around with changing the assmbley of the family types....really play around with that and get to know it well - it's very powerful!

have fun
    John Mc