Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wishlist Request - Revit Structure Specifics

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wishlist Request - Revit Structure Specifics

AUGI forums IMO are easily the best resource of Revit knowledge anywhere (full stop)

Thanks to all that put in the time and effort to run and maintain the forums, and those who contribute

Login to Give a bone

Hey Dave, thanks.
    Sorry to be seemingly a bad sport about this, but I don't entirely believe I posted a grumble, because my post had what the original topic asked for - WISH LIST. (I didn't realise how old it was, actually, but this sort of makes matters slightly more severe, if you think about it).
    It was not a Wish List for AUGI - forgive me for misunderstanding - it was a wish list for the RS product - AUGI itself doesn't have to change. Yes, my post is replete with exasperation, though it is not directed at AUGI, but rather at the software. RS is well intended, as I said originally, just somewhat poorly implemented, that's all. No one is giving up on it, as far as I know, but then again - who really has a choice. I must've had a stressful day with it, when posted that opinion - nothing more than that - a user's opinion.
    I don't believe we need a virtual forum where we sing praises and accolades to each other or the tools we use, and I agree, mindless bashing can be directed at anything or anyone. I am going to EDIT my original post, so it's more concise and the personal opinion is trimmed. Thanks for pointing out.
    Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Uhm, AUGI treats RS how? Sorry but if you didn't realize, AUGI is nothing but a collection of users from around the world. It's not some entity with a hidden agenda! You and I are AUGI and we're the ones responsible for generating content that users find useful. With that in mind, I suggest that if you don't have anything positive to contribute, then you should consider going back to lurking instead. Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing whining. Just posting grumbles on these forums doesn't help anyone. If you don't like Revit, look at other options. If you believe in it but take exceptoin to the speed of development, then talk to your reseller or email Autodesk directly.
    Last edited by Alexander Ayzenband; 2010-02-18 at 11:12 PM. Reason: word choice

Login to Give a bone

Alex, welcome to the forums This particular thread isn't really meant to post wishlist items into. We have a way to do that and you can read more about it here.

I'm all for expressing your opinion, trust me. But there's a good way and a bad way to do it. The good way is constructive and can result in eventual changes. It happens as a positive, thoughtful dialogue backed up with proof, facts, examples and suggestions. The other way is negative and usually results in....nothing. Which one would you rather spend your energy on? I think we have a clear winner Thanks for understanding.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

There is a product wishlist feedback portal on the Autodesk Website.

Also you can contact product managers directly if you feel the need, they advertise their addresses.
    However don't expect instant feedback or results, even while 2011 is almost released I imagine most of the teams are gearing up for 2012 with the planning all done. Even if you come up with a ground breaking feature idea that they got behind it would be atleast 2 year wait, unless it really was that good that they got behind it and dropped everything

But if they don't hear our gripes, and understand why and where in our workflow, process and end result the software hasn't worked for us then they can't help us. Saying something sucks is one thing thing, saying why, how you use it and what your trying to acheive is quite the opposite and I find with evidence with files and information generally invokes a response with the effort.

The other thing is they're may be solution we don't know about as goes the old saying "you know what ya don't know" Hence AUGI!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    Are these prank posts? Have you noticed how old this thread is? September 2007.

If you don't want to post your wish in the RAC Wishlist process, don't.

I wrote what I wrote then because AUGI did not and still does not have a formal wishlist for RST or RME. It would be nice if we did...but we don't...maybe that will change.

We have a Revit Platform forum for version neutral threads. Do you use folders for files in cabinets and on your computer? We are asking for the same thing with the things we write about here. There are posts dating back to 2003 here. There is almost too much information here now.

Putting threads and wishes in good "containers" can help ease the pain of finding information later. For all of our members. Autodesk is under no obligation to scavenge through all of these forums hoping to find your wish or my wish...or any wish. That they do is great...making it harder or redundant when trying to find things means wasted time for us, them...the more time they spend hunting for stuff is less time doing stuff.

Fwiw, the statements in the wish in this thread aren't accurate. You can print a partial view at scale, even back in 2007.

Regardless...if you don't want to...then don't, I was only asking, not demanding. While I do have the "power" to move the posts I may not have the will or energy or time to do so perhaps.

As you were...
    Well, my post wasn't a prank. I just wasn't a Revit user back then. Now I am.

I understand containers and believe in them. If you are serious about them, why don't you create a General Drafting container so we structural types don't have to wade through fru-fru? Most of my wishes are relative to Revit as a precise drafting tool (which, IMO, it is not yet).

Login to Give a bone

Is there some way to create an actual x-brace, or is it only ever a 1 way brace drawn twice (in opposite directions).

It would be nice if the brace command created a braced bay that are specified by the user and are found in the properties dialogue box.

The things to be specified would need to be:
    - bottom elevation (and offset)
    - top elevation (and offset)
    - brace size for each direction
    - check boxes to determine which direction is braced
    - and the user points to specify the plan locations of the 2 sides of the braced bay.

Thanks
    Bill Neklia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12