Thread: Detail Component View

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Detail Component View

I cannot figure out how to change the view orientation for the detail components. I've gone thru the other posts, and they have mentioned changing the view thru the properties palette however mine will not open after the DCM is opened, nor will it display anything if opened prior to opening the DCM. What am I missing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Detail Component View

Please note I have moved this to the "Its all in the Details" Detail Component Forum.

Select the item from DCM.
    after selecting it, but before inserting it (while the command line is asking for insertion point)
    go to the properties palette and look for the view field to change.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Steve-

One minor observation....I had to click insert on the DCM, then prior to placing the object go to the properties palette and select the view. It is an awkward process that could be shortened and made easier. Wish list?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkc View Post
    Thanks Steve-

One minor observation....I had to click insert on the DCM, then prior to placing the object go to the properties palette and select the view. It is an awkward process that could be shortened and made easier. Wish list?
    Yes! Please make it known in the ACA wishlist forum. I've also been bugging them to make the DCM a tool palette. I finally got the dev team on the beta forums listing to that request so hopefully that will happen sometime soon.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkc View Post
    Thanks Steve-

For frequently used Details items, consider creating a Details tool. That will get the detail insertion process fired up, with the desired preset values specified in the tool's properties, and let you go into the Properties palette to adjust as desired for that particular application.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Also, if you are creating multiple details of the same division (i.e. Division 7- Thermal and Moisture Control, rigid insulation in 4 different walls and each was a different size) and you have already placed a detail from that division in the drawing, you can select the component, right click, and select "ADD SELECTED", then go into your properties palette and change it to a different detail. It must be within the same division however (you can't select insulation and end up with a W8 beam). Much quicker than going into either the tool palette or the DCM over and over.

I added a wish list item asking that the DCM be treated just like the Content Browser, so that it is always opened and will stay open during a session.